This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2011 12:11 PM by 871338 RSS

error downloading OracleXE 10g:  "the connection with the server was reset"

871338 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
To Oracle support network,
Even though I followed the installation guide, I am getting the error after 1% download
complete of Oracle Express Edition 10g on a Windows XP Professional laptop of:

"the connection with the server was reset".

Do you know what could be causing this? I have tried multiple times. I appear to meet
the system requirements of disk space and memory available. I also updated as required
from the installation guide the control panel's 127.0.0.1 addition to local internet/internet
properties.

thank you for the help-
also known as StephenHJoyce@aol.com
  • 1. Re: error downloading OracleXE 10g:  "the connection with the server was reset"
    Udo Guru
    Hello Stephen,

there have been a few users who reported download problems. Perhaps you'll find a solution in one of the following threads:
    {thread:id=2201365}
    {thread:id=2204284}

I don't think the download has something to do with the system requirements for the installation. If above hints don't help, perhaps there is a proxy or other network node on you way to the outside world that interfers this download.

-Udo
  • 2. Re: error downloading OracleXE 10g:  "the connection with the server was reset"
    871338 Newbie
    Hiello Udo and others,
    Thanks for the reply.

10g did download successfully after several tries. I did need to follow the installation guide on the download page and for internet
    explorer add an internet address 127.1.0.0 to the list to enable downloads from. Also I rebooted and tried again.

It still seemed to fail, but in trying to download the XE (Express Edition) one final time it started up and downloaded sucessfully.
    I think the final reboot may have helped. The problem before was that on my DSL connection it would not go past 1% downloaded,
    but this final time it did and downloaded quicker and finished in about 1 hour.

thank you again-
    Stephen Joyce

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points