This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2011 7:34 AM by 871656 RSS

Exceptions on client connections after a client crash

871656 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello

I'm developing a ring election algorithm, and the same aplication sometimes is the server, and sometimes is a client.
The first process start as server, and the other ones connect to the firs as client. I can connect N processes to the server, and it still working fine.

But, when I finish one of the client processes (simulating a crash), I can't connect any other client to the server.

When I try it, I get the following exception:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.0.0.101; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put my connection functions in Pastebin, can anyone take a look ?
Please, I already tried everythig I know, and everythig Google told me to do, hehehe

Here is the link: http://pastebin.com/hHeD6EzD

The first function called is joinAsCoordinator(), if it crash, the cathes make the process connect as a client.
The exception cited above, is the RemoteException of the function connect2Coordinator().

Any idea ??

Thanks soo much!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points