3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2011 1:57 PM by Aman.... RSS

Installing Oracle 9i on Windows 7

Hi Experts,

Can Oracle 9i Server or Client be installed in Windows 7 Enterprise - 64 bit version ?

If so, Can anyone help me how to install oracle 9i in windows 7 ?

Any suggestions would be helpful....

Regards,
      Anup
        • 1. Re: Installing Oracle 9i on Windows 7
          JustinCave
          Why do you ask?

Obviously, 9i is not supported on Windows 7. You may be able to get the install to mostly work. But you will undoubtedly find that some functionality doesn't work as expected. You might be lucky and find that none of the functionality you care about is broken. But that would require a lot of testing and validation.

If you're going to use a new version of Windows, why wouldn't you use a new version of Oracle? If you're going to use an old and unsupported version of Oracle, why wouldn't you use a similarly old (and likely unsupported) version of Windows?

Justin
          • 2. Re: Installing Oracle 9i on Windows 7
            sb92075
            DUPLICATE!

do NOT cross/multi-post

Installing Oracle 9i client on Windows 7
            • 3. Re: Installing Oracle 9i on Windows 7
              Aman....
              9i was released about 10 years ago. The current release is 11.2 which is far better than it so why you want to install and work with a decade old release of oracle db? That said, in the answer of the question, no its not supported to run on Win-7. So don't spend time trying to find the workarounds to install it. If you really do want to, install a virtual machine, put Win-XP over it and install it over there.

Aman....