I have created some UML Class diagrams in Oracle Business Process Architect 11gR1 (490292) (SR 2010_07). When I create a new UML Class diagram I am able to drag-and-drop existing UML classes to the new diagram, but when I try to include some existing binary associations (that exist between the included classes) they are not included. I try to inlcude the associations as follows:
1) Create a new UML Class diagram;
2) Find some UML classes (that have an existing association between them) in the Designer Exprorer tree and drag-and-drop them in the diagram;
3) Select one of these UML classes in the diagram (so the "Properties" panel fills with the details of the selected class);
4) Go to the "Relationships" tab of the "Properties" panel and find the relationship that represents the requested binary association;
5) Select the relationship and click the button "Show".
Unfortunately, nothing happens (i.e. the association does not show in the diagram). The above sequence works fine in other model types (with other object types, for example in IE diagrams) but it does not work in UML Class diagrams.
Am I doing it in a wrong way? Is there any workarond if this is a bug?
This problem seems to be a bug. However, I found the following workaround:
1) Locate the UML classes on the new diagram;
2) Try to create a new binary association between them. The BPA tool will check if there is an existing association between these classes and it will open a dialog box to ask you whether to create a new association or to use an existing one;
3) Select the necessary (existing) association in the dialog box instead of confirming creation of a new one and the selected association will appear on the diagram.