This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 9:08 PM by 611181 RSS

EPMA application deploy is aborted

722892 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I cannot redeploy 2 applications on EPMA 11.1.2.1 and receive a message saying "The given key was not present in the dictionary". Both of the applications were deployed last week successfully. After the last deploy nothing has changed on the servers.

If I duplicate one of the apps and try deploying, the new applications deploys without an error. This confirms that there is no problem on metadata.

The only information that I can found on logs is listed on DimensionServer.log as follows:

[2011-06-28T11:01:42.483+03:00] [EPMADIM] [INTERNAL_ERROR:32] [EPMADIM-1] [EPMADIM.Hyperion.CommonServices.Exceptions.BaseException] [tid: 18] [ecid: disabled,0] The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.PlanningApplicationValidation.CheckRenameCollisions(Application baselineApp)
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.ApplicationValidation.ValidateAgainstBaseline()
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.PlanningApplicationValidation.InternalValidate()
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.ApplicationValidation.Validate()
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.ApplicationValidation.<ValidateAsync>b__0() at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.PlanningApplicationValidation.CheckRenameCollisions(Application baselineApp)
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.ApplicationValidation.ValidateAgainstBaseline()
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.PlanningApplicationValidation.InternalValidate()
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.ApplicationValidation.Validate()
at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Validations.ApplicationValidation.<ValidateAsync>b__0()

Any help will really be appreciated

Thanks a lot

Neslihan
  • 1. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    Madhavi Banavali Explorer
    Hi,

Have you tried recreating the application in Essbase on deployment instead of a refresh?

Can you try doing that?

Please take a back up of all artifacts before you do the above.

Thanks.

Madhavi
  • 2. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    722892 Newbie
    Hi,

That is something that I thought but the problem is I don't receive the screen where we select refresh outline or create outline on EPMA.

The deployment is aborted between validation and deployment selection screen.
  • 3. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    Madhavi Banavali Explorer
    I am sure you would have a back up mechanism in place.

Can you restore the RDBMS database to the last back up?

This will atleast give you a clean app. The only thing you would need to do is all the changes that you did between your last back up and today.

Hopefully thats not much.

The other option would be to take LCM back up of the artifacts and recreate a new app and import all the artifacts.

Duplicating the app would also be one of the options.

Regards,
    Madhavi
  • 4. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    722892 Newbie
    I did copied the apps and used LCM to migrate all the artifacts ..This helped

This problem affected 2 applications at the same time..On this environment we have 3 applications but only 2 of them are affected.

I am trying to understand why this corruption happened but couldn't find anything on the logs. Is there a way to understand why this happened all of a sudden?

Thanks

Neslihan
  • 5. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    845383 Newbie
    We have recently had a very similar experience. Was anyone ever able to provide you a log path to review the logs? We are concerned since we do not know what caused the issue. We did a duplicate and have been able to get a new application working, but would still like to know why the first application appears to have gotten corrupt.
  • 6. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    722892 Newbie
    we checked the logs that Oracle Support adviced but couldn't find any clue on hyperion logs. Oracle also adviced to check DB logs..As we don't have any experience on DB , we couldn't find the log to check..have you recently checked DB logs?
  • 7. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    696542 Newbie
    hi , i have got the same problem in my test enviorment, do you have any solution except copy a application?
  • 8. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    845383 Newbie
    We were able to find a solution! It appears as though, if you add a member and deploy successfully, then rename that same member and add an alias to the renamed member and try to deploy, this error occurs. We went into the "Compare" option in the application library, and compared to the deployed application. In the list of members, we found one member that was a "rename". We deleted that member from the dimension library and can now successfully deploy.

Edited by: 842380 on Jul 27, 2011 11:45 AM
  • 9. Re: EPMA application deploy is aborted
    611181 Newbie
    I had a "lock" error on dimension import that was causing my re-deploy to abort. I did the Compare as suggested above and found a member marked "rename". I deleted it, reloaded the dimension and was able to deploy succcessfully.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points