3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2011 10:45 AM by Csoto-Oracle RSS

Install webLogic 10.3.5.0 as windows Service

MarcosOrtega
      Hi there;

Looking for install webLogic as windows service; I found some papers that points me to "WL_HOME\server\bin\installSvc.cmd"

as we can see here in [On-Line Manual References|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/e13708/winservice.htm#START143]

But; the fact is that in my wl_home\server\bin directory I can't see installSvc.cmd ;

wl_home\server is not there any way;

I have wl_home\serverS instead of it ;

Any tips to configure webLogic 10.3.5.0 as windows service ?

Foward thanks

Marcos Ortega
        • 1. Re: Install webLogic 10.3.5.0 as windows Service
          René van Wijk
          Re: Installing Weblogic Admin Server as service -  service won't start

The installSvc.cmd (and also uninstallSvc.cmd) are located in the <middleware-home>\wlserver_10.3\server\bin directory
          in which middleware-home is the directory in which you installed the weblogic server.

If you still are unable to find it, just use Windows search.
          • 2. Re: Install webLogic 10.3.5.0 as windows Service
            MarcosOrtega
            Oh René; thanks

I'm afraid that i was looking at domains\myDomain\

Not at <middleware-home>\wlserver_10.3

Thanks for that !
            • 3. Re: Install webLogic 10.3.5.0 as windows Service
              Csoto-Oracle
              Hi Marcos,

Since you were looking in your domain directory, note that you can innstall WLS components like node manager, admin server and managed servers as Windows services (which might be what you are trying to achieve).

- For Node Manager you have the cmd file at WL_HOME\server\bin\installNodeMgrSvc.cmd

- To create a Windows service for the Admin Server:
              1. Create a text file named %MIDDLEWARE_HOME%\user_projects\domains\<domain name>\servers\AdminServer\security\boot.properties. Add the following lines:
              username=weblogic
              password=<the weblogic username password>
              2. Create a command script called installAdmServer_Service.cmd which you will want to make sure has lines like:
              SETLOCAL
              set DOMAIN_NAME=<your wls domain>
              set USERDOMAIN_HOME=<path to domain> # e.g., C:\middleware\FMW11g\user_projects\domains\ClassicDomain
              set SERVER_NAME=AdminServer
              set PRODUCTION_MODE=true
              cd %USERDOMAIN_HOME%
              call %USERDOMAIN_HOME%\bin\setDomainEnv.cmd
              call "<your middleware home>\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\installSvc.cmd"
              ENDLOCAL
              3. Then run "installAdmServer_Service.cmd", the Service should be installed. It will have a name like "beasvc %DOMAIN_NAME%_%SERVER_NAME%" (e.g. beasvc ClassicDomain_AdminServer). The Service "Startup Type" shouldl be "Automatic".

- To create a Windows service for the Managed Server:
              1. Create a text file named %MIDDLEWARE_HOME%\user_projects\domains\<domain name>\servers\[managed_server_name]\security\boot.properties. Add the following lines:
              username=weblogic
              password=<the weblogic username password e.g manager11g>
              2. Create a command script called installWLSFORMS_Service.cmd which has lines like
              SETLOCAL
              set DOMAIN_NAME=<your wls domain>
              set USERDOMAIN_HOME=<path to domain> # e.g. C:\middleware\FMW11g\user_projects\domains\ClassicDomain
              set SERVER_NAME=WLS_FORMS
              set PRODUCTION_MODE=true
              set ADMIN_URL=http://mymachine.mycompany.com:7001
              cd %USERDOMAIN_HOME%
              call %USERDOMAIN_HOME%\bin\setDomainEnv.cmd
              call "<your middleware home>\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\installSvc.cmd"
              ENDLOCAL
              3. Then run "installWLSFORMS_Service.cmd", the Service should be installed and it will have a name like "beasvc %DOMAIN_NAME%_%SERVER_NAME%" (e.g. beasvc ClassicDomain_WLS_FORMS). The Service "Startup Type" will be "Automatic".

Some warnings:
              - The ADMIN_URL value should reference the AdminServer hostname and listen port.
              - The SERVER_NAME value is case sensitive. For example, if you are creating a MS Windows service for a different managed server such as 'wls_ods1' then the value needs to match the case of the server name otherwise the startup of the server via the MS Windows service will fail.
              - Be careful that there are no trailing spaces after each line in the command file - trailing spaces will cause the managed server to fail at startup.

Hope this helps.

-Cris