Hi, newbe here to HR12. I currently have a 2-Tier Architecture for our TEST and DEV environments, with the HR12 database sitting on one server, and the Applications sitting on the other. I'm about ready to re-clone the TEST with our DEV, and all the documentation I've been coming across talks about cloning to a fresh environment, where you just copy the files and run the cloning scripts. What do I need to do for an existing environment that I want to re-clone (same instance name, services, directory structure, etc..). I should mention, we're not yet at a state where we can simply do a database refresh as we are constantly changing our APPL_TOP.
Any guidance for this lost sheep in the woods would be appreciated.
What do I need to do for an existing environment that I want to re-clone (same instance name, services, directory structure, etc..).
Just follow the same procedure but you have to delete the existing instance first.
So, if you want to clone TEST to DEV, please do the following:
- Stop the application/database services of the DEV instance
- Delete all the application/database files of the DEV instance
- Run preclone on the application/database tiers nodes on the TEST instance
- Shutdown all the application/database services of the TEST instance
- Copy the application/database files from TEST to DEV
- Run postclone on the database/application tier node on the DEV instance
Rapid Clone Documentation Resources For Release 11i and 12 [ID 799735.1]