With a new domain and JMS service active, I used the imqadmin admin console GUI to perform the following steps:You may have hit a bug in imqadmin, which doesn't appear to be handling the / character correctly. If you simply use the name TestTopic it should work.
1. Create a new broker named TestBroker, configured to the port assigned to JMS in the TestDomain (user = admin, password = admin)
2. Connect to TestBroker
3. Create a new physical destination named TestTopicDest within TestBroker and set limitBehavior to REMOVE_OLDEST.
4. Create a file-based persistent Object Store, named TestObjectStore:
(i) Create a directory called tempStore within the <GlassfishInstallDir>/domains/testDomain/imq/ directory
(ii) Configure:: java.naming.factory.initial = com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
(iii) Configure:: java.naming.provider.url property = file:///<GlassfishInstallDir>/domains/testDomain/imq/tempStore
5. Connect to TestObjectStore
With a successful connection, I then created two administered objects:
6. Create a ConnectionFactory named jms/TestConnectionFactory. I made sure the *3.0 Connection Handling* tab is correctly configured to the JMS port assigned by Glassfish for testDomain, as the default is 7676.
7. Create a Topic administered object in TestObjectStore named jms/TestTopic.
I'd be interested in learning more about bugs and known issues. Do you maintain a public bug-tracking system for OpenMQ? If so, could you send a link?Yes. Please feel free to log this as a bug.