3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2011 1:58 AM by 875430 RSS

URGENT: Need help with setups for Products to opportunities in Sales R12

I am trying to setup R12 Sales module. On the opportunity tab, you can add products. What are the setups for this? The Sales implementation guide states to use the 'Oracle Advanced Product Catalog User guide'. I have tried using this guide, but I cannot find where to look for the setup info to aligh the items to Oracle Sales and Marketing. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: URGENT: Need help with setups for Products to opportunities in Sales R12
          vradhakr
          From Sales Implementation guide,

Customers must implement Product Category Hierarchy to add Product Categories and Inventory Items in Oracle Sales. Inventory set up is not required if customers only want to implement
          Product Categories. Refer to Note 337319.1 for additional information.

End---

1. Decide what kind of product you want to setup in Lead/Oppty
          2. All the product categories should assign to Sales and Marketing Category Set
          3. Add the categories to the above Category set.
          4. Using Item Manager (Advance Product Catalog You should be able to setup this).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
          RK
          925 998 1494
          Independent Techno functional Consultant.
          • 2. Re: URGENT: Need help with setups for Products to opportunities in Sales R12
            Thanks,

I have created my own product catalog using item manager and assigned categories to it. Then hit the 'Publish' button. Do I need to do the 'Catalog to Category mapping' at all? I did this and enabled it. But only items belonging to the 'default category' that is assigned to the product catalog I created are availble to be selected on the lead/opportunity tabs. The settings for the product catalog are as follows:

Product Catalog named 'Sales Test'
            Controlled At Master Level
            Allow Multiple Item Category Assignments No
            Enforce List of Valid Categories Yes
            Enable Hierarchy for Categories Yes
            Raise Item Catalog Assignment Change Event Yes
            Raise Alternate Catalog Hierarchy Change Event Yes
            Raise Catalog Category Change Event Yes
            The default category set is 'Please.Assign Category.'
            The flex structure is the same as the category set below-

The category sets flex structure is 3 segments with a dicipline defined. It is named 'Test Dicipline Category Set', the settings are:
            Controlled At Org Level
            Yes Enforce List of Valid Categories Yes
            Enable Hierarchy for Categories Yes
            Raise Item Catalog Assignment Change Event Yes
            Raise Alternate Catalog Hierarchy Change Event Yes
            Raise Catalog Category Change Event Yes

The default category set assigned to the product catalog 'Sales Test' and 'Test Dicipline Category Set' is named 'Please.Assign Category.'
            The people assignment for 'Sales Test' and 'Test Dicipline Category Set' is set to 'Catalog Manager- All users' and 'Catalog Viewer- All Users'.
            There are about 67 categories under the 'Test Dicipline Category Set' and each one of those categories has numerous items.

The attributes on the individual categories that are assigned to the 'Test Dicipline Category Set' are:
            Include in Forecast Yes
            Exclude from User View No
            Expected Purchase Yes

The Catalog that is assigned to the 'Product Reporting Functional Area' is 'Sales Test'.
            The 'Catalog to Category Mapping' is enabled and the settings are:
            Name- 'Test Dicipline Category Set to Sales Test'
            Source Catalog- 'Test Discipline Category Set'
            Target Catalog- 'Sales Test'
            Mappings are: from category 'Please.Assign Category.' to Category 'Please.Assign Category.'

And one more category mapping that has items in it. (I can see all the categories that I have assigned to 'Sales Test', but only 'Please.Assign Category.' allows me to actually select the items with in.)

Also, when I go into Item Manager and select 'Browse Catalog', I can see both 'Sales Test' and 'Test Dicipline Category Set'. When I select 'Sales Test' from the drop down, only the category 'Please.Assign Category.' shows items. But when I select the catalog 'Test Dicipline Category Set', the category under it named 'Please.Assign Category.' shows no items. All the other categories under the 'Test Dicipline Category Set' show all items as expected. What is causing this?

One more thing, I have run the request set 'Load Catalog Hierarchy' many times, but not run the Request Set: "Product Catalog Migration" yet.

Thanks for your help.
            • 3. Re: URGENT: Need help with setups for Products to opportunities in Sales R12
              Im Trying same setup for Oracle Sales (Opportunity) for 11.5.10 -2. I find few attribute like
              Item Catalog assignment change and other not avialble in 11i.
              Any doc on same will be helpful
              Thanks in advance
              Porush