1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 5:27 PM by 875807 RSS

JPDA - cannot set jvm paratemters in control panel

Dear all

I am trying to use JPDA to debug an applet, however when I open the ControlPanel I cannot set the required parameters but they are not stored? I can however set other options such as in settings to show the plugin? (as root user). What am I doing wrong I, did this before successfully with a previous version of Java?

I am running the 32bit jvm installed using the rpm
      jdk-6u26-linux-i586-rpm.bin

I use netbeans for development but have a separate glassfish installation.

java -version
      java version "1.6.0_26"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

my Operating System is scientific linux

Linux ***** 2.6.18-164.2.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Sep 29 18:45:10 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        • 1. Re: JPDA - cannot set jvm paratemters in control panel - resolved
          Hi

I think I may have resolved this, I modified the properties directly in .java/deployment/deployment.properties file and also set a system properties in /etc/.java. I noticed in the user file that there was a reference too two jre installations. This would appear to have been caused by a reference to a previous install of the 64-bit JDK with the same version number as the 32-bit JDK, the 64-bit installation was removed by yum erase.

In any case setting the jre arguments in the properties file means they appear in ControlPanel and that I can now connect to he plugin for debugging in netbeans. However, I have not tried modifying the jre parameters from control panel which was the original 'symptom'.