This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2011 5:08 AM by Udo Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    Udo Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Uday,

you can't use the apxchpwd.sql from an older release, or did you copy it from your Linux 11g XE? If so, is this actually the instance you've installed APEX on?
    You can run the following queries to verify your APEX installation
    SELECT username
      FROM all_users
     WHERE username LIKE 'APEX_%'
        OR username LIKE 'FLOWS_%';

SELECT comp_id, comp_name, status
      FROM dba_registry
     WHERE comp_id='APEX';
    The first query should return three rows:
    FLOWS_FILES
    APEX_PUBLIC_USER
    APEX_040000
    The second one row:
    APEX     Oracle Application Express     VALID
    If that's not the case, your APEX is not installed properly.

-Udo
  • 16. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    277538 Newbie
    Hi Udo

I have checked this queries, APEX is installed properly. But i am not able to find apxchpwd.sql in oracle 11g directory.
    is there any other way to change admin password to access admin page of apex

Thanks & Regards

Uday

Edited by: udaykumar309 on Jul 19, 2011 1:06 PM
  • 17. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    Udo Guru
    Hi Uday,

no, nothing that would be different from what the script does.
    The apxchpwd.sql belongs to the APEX installation package. From what I've understood concerning the instance you are currently working on, it is not an XE instance. Did you install APEX 4.0 into that instance? If so, have a look into the installation package you used for this. You'll find the apxchpwd.sql in the root of that package.
    I I got it wrong, please clarify which APEX version on which database version you are trying to access, and if this is the preinstalled APEX version or one you installed afterwards.

-Udo
  • 18. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    277538 Newbie
    Hi Udo

I have installed oracle 11g SE, and according to our earlier discussions APEX comes preinstalled with oracle 11g Se. Do i need to install apex 4 on top of 11g SE? If yes i have not done this yet.

Thanx and Regards

Uday
  • 19. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    Udo Guru
    Hi Uday,

it depends from what APEX version you try to migrate to your 11g SE, and also which 11g release you've installed, as the APEX version will differ. You can't migrate applications from a newer APEX release to an older one. So your 11g SE needs to have at least the same APEX version you've got on your source XE. If you come from 11.2 XE beta, you'll have APEX 4.0 as source, so you'll have to upgrade APEX in your 11g SE (which definetly has an APEX release prior to 4) to 4.0. You can do this by simply following the APEX Installation Guide mentioned before - the upgrade is documented in there as well. At the end of the upgrade, you'll have the chance to reset the password with the script supplied in the installation package.

-Udo
  • 20. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    277538 Newbie
    Hi Udo

At this point we are talking about just connecting to apex admin, irrespective of any version i should be able to connect to apex on 11g.

when i try connecting thrugh this url http://localhost:8080/apex/apex_admin, it gives me login prompt for XDB username and password. i put system/manager, it ask for APEX username and password, i put admin/system it says unauthorised

Thanks and Regards

Uday
  • 21. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    Udo Guru
    Hi Uday,

you can reset this password with the apxchpwd.sql that is part of the APEX installation package that corresponds to the APEX version you have in your database.

-Udo
  • 22. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    277538 Newbie
    Hi Udo

Now I have installed apex 4 on top of oracle 11g following all the procedure including chage apex admin password. everything went successful.

SQL> @apexins SYSAUX SYSAUX TEMP /i/

SQL> @apxldimg.sql C:\

SQL> @apxchpwd

when i open the admin page it asks for xdb authentication, is xdb any different from apex admin?

thanks and regards

Uday
  • 23. Re: How to i migrate my applications created on 10g XE to 10g SE
    Udo Guru
    Hi Uday,

usually, you wouldn't have to do any xdb authentication for APEX. Probably you haven't configured the EPG properly yet. Please also perform the following steps described in the APEX Installation Guide. It seems you are now at the point where you could continue with [url http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17556_01/doc/install.40/e15513/otn_install.htm#BEHCJDJA]section 3.4.4. Please follow the Installation Guide to the end of the EPG-part to make sure everything is in place as it should.

-Udo
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points