7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2011 8:41 AM by Mkirtley-Oracle RSS

Migration of package sqlserver_utilities

Hi

I'm migrating from MS SQL 2005 to Oracle 11g using SQL Developer V3.0.04
      If I migrate to one file the migration result contains the package sqlserver_utilities
      If I migrate to one file per object I cant find the migrated package.

Do I need to configure something to get the migrated package in "one file per object" mode?

Thanks for your help
      Beat
        • 1. Re: Migration of package sqlserver_utilities
          Mkirtley-Oracle
          Beat,
          Can you give an example of the output created for one file and for one file per object ?

Regards,
          Mike
          • 2. Re: Migration of package sqlserver_utilities
            Hi Mike

If I migrate into one file the file contains in the beginning the package starting with this definition and implementation:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE sqlserver_utilities AS
            FUNCTION convert(dataType VARCHAR2,num NUMBER) RETURN NUMBER;
            FUNCTION convert(dataType VARCHAR2,date DATE, num NUMBER ) RETURN VARCHAR2;
            FUNCTION getutcdate RETURN TIMESTAMP;
            FUNCTION datediff(datepart VARCHAR2, start_datetime_expr VARCHAR2, end_datetime_expr VARCHAR2) RETURN NUMBER;
            FUNCTION dateadd(datepart VARCHAR2, value NUMBER, datetime_expr VARCHAR2)  RETURN TIMESTAMP;
            END sqlserver_utilities;

+/+

If I create for each database object files I cant find the definition of the package
            I get only a lot of PROC_FUNC_xxx.sql, VIEW_yyy.sql and TABLE_zzz.sql Files. The package definition and implementation is missing
            • 3. Re: Migration of package sqlserver_utilities
              Mkirtley-Oracle
              Beat,
              Thanks, let me try it out.

Regards,
              Mike
              • 4. Re: Migration of package sqlserver_utilities
                Mkirtley-Oracle
                Beat,
                I have reproduced the same issue.
                I did find a reference that sqlserver_utilities was not generated when migrating individual packages but I cannot find where it is actually documented.
                Creating a single file per object may be classed as migrating objects individually but I will check further.

Regards,
                Mike
                • 5. Re: Migration of package sqlserver_utilities
                  Mkirtley-Oracle
                  Beat,
                  You should find that the create statements for sqlserver_utilities are in the Emulation.sql script that is created in the 'generated' directory in the directory where you directed the output for the conversion part of the migration.
                  However, there is bug open because if you run the master_script.sql it tries to run the emulation.sql script as the user 'emulation' but this user is not created first. The bug should be fixed in the next release of SQL*Developer.
                  There is nothing to stop you creating an emulation user first and then running the script manually, or as part of the master_script.sql.

Let us know if have the Emulation.sql script with the sqlserver_utilities statements.

Regards,
                  Mike
                  • 6. Re: Migration of package sqlserver_utilities
                    Hi Mike

Thanks for this info.
                    I was only search below generated-folder in schema_database-folder.
                    Thanks also for the hint regarding usage.

Regards
                    Beat
                    • 7. Re: Migration of package sqlserver_utilities
                      Mkirtley-Oracle
                      Beat,
                      That's what I did also until I followed it up.
                      Please mark the thread as answered if this the information you need.

Regards,
                      Mike