7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2011 10:15 AM by GabyPR RSS

frustrated - unable to log-in after install

GabyPR
      Basically, when trying to log-in to the admin page of apex 4, system does not recognizes username or password. But lately, after reinstalling apex 4 again, I also
      notice that after writing username and password, the LOGIN button seems to be unresponsive, the page did not even reply as before stating that username or password is incorrect.
      Now the page is unresponsive. So perhaps the problem now is different than before, I just don't know.

I checked the installation status and it says the installation is valid (as instructed on the apex installation guide). I am running Oracle 11g in windows 7, with Firefox 5.0
      or with Windows explorer, running locally with the embedded PL/SQL gateway.

I had just installed APEX 4, to upgrade the 3.02 version included in Oracle Database 11g.
      (I could also never succeed to log in either to the native 3.02 version installed with database 11g)

I go to: http://localhost:8080/apex/apex_admin

If I go to http://localhost:8080/apex I could not log on either, because I have the added problem of specifying a workgroup, which
      I don't know, I tried using workgroup LIVE which I saw in Oracle enterprise manager, but no success.

The problem I see is that I don't see the user ADMIN created when I check in the Enterprise Manager, I see
      ANONYMOUS, APEX_040000, APEX_PUBLIC_USER, FLOWS_FILES and they are all OPEN status.

I also reset the ADMIN password as stated on the APEX installation guide, I also excecuted the apex_epg_config script, and have done all the steps
      indicated on the apex installation guide, but don't know why user ADMIN has not been created. I also tried granting user SYSTEM the APEX
      ADMINISRATOR ROLE and then try to log in with this user but neither could I.

Well guys, any help will be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: frustrated - unable to log-in after install
          ThomasL
          - an unresponsive login button tells me that your javascript isn't working anymore. I assume you didn't turn off javascript in the browser, so this means that at some point during the install, you messed up the /i/ directory. Check your html page source, look at the links towards the css and javascript files, and see if they are available.

- the user ADMIN is not a DB user, it is an ApEx user. It is normal that you don't see it as a schema in the DB.

- By "workgroup", do you mean workspace? The workspace you should specify upon first login is INTERNAL. Login to that workspace with your ADMIN user and password. From there, you can create new workspaces and users.
          • 2. Re: frustrated - unable to log-in after install
            GabyPR
            I think you are right on track with my problem, since I also don't see any images or graphics in the APEX login page, just plain text and the links do not respond.
            The enterprise manager page loads correctly however with all the graphics ,etc.

How can I know what is the /i / pointing to right now ?? I look into the page source and when I clicked on a link containing /i/ , just strange icons appear, not the graphic it should be.
            Can I manually modify a setting so I can fix this problem ?

I executed the apxldimg.sql script again and the error below have always appeared:
            (so it seems I have to either make a correction to something
            before running the script again or manually configure the /i/ reference. i don't know where that reference is located.)

SQL> @apxldimg.sql c:\temp\oracle\apex

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

old 1: create directory APEX_IMAGES as '&1/apex/images'
            new 1: create directory APEX_IMAGES as 'c:\temp\oracle\apex/apex/images'

Directory created.

declare
            ERROR at line 1:
            ORA-22288: file or LOB operation FILEOPEN failed
            The system cannot find the path specified.
            ORA-06512: at "SYS.XMLTYPE", line 296
            ORA-06512: at line 15

Commit complete

timing for: Load Images
            Elapsed: 00:00:9.42

Directory dropped.

SQL>
            • 3. Re: frustrated - unable to log-in after install
              jyothi
              Hi freind,
              I think the same problem happened to me.
              with me the pages using localhost:port was loading fine.
              but using ip address the images are not loading and link were not working.

what i did was changed the port number using dbms_xdb.sethttpport...
              and run listener with same port number as xdb port
              i know port number clash will happen now
              but dont use localhost after that use through listener using ipaddress...
              • 4. Re: frustrated - unable to log-in after install
                Kiran Pawar
                Hi Gaby,

>
                How can I know what is the /i / pointing to right now ?? I look into the page source and when I clicked on a link containing /i/ , just strange icons appear, not the graphic it should be.
                >
                as well as
                >
                old 1: create directory APEX_IMAGES as '&1/apex/images'
                new 1: create directory APEX_IMAGES as 'c:\temp\oracle\apex/apex/images'

Directory created.

declare
                ERROR at line 1:
                ORA-22288: file or LOB operation FILEOPEN failed
                The system cannot find the path specified.
                ORA-06512: at "SYS.XMLTYPE", line 296
                ORA-06512: at line 15
                >

This means that Configure the Embedded PL/SQL Gateway was not successful!
                In your case : Updating the Images Directory When Upgrading from a Previous Release

Refer: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17556_01/doc/install.40/e15513/otn_install.htm#BHAJIGDA

>
                SQL> @apxldimg.sql c:\temp\oracle\apex
                >

Where have you extracted the APEX 4.0.2 setup?(After extracting apex_4.0.2.zip you get an apex folder)
                Is it c:\temp\oracle\ OR c:\temp\oracle\apex ?(Is the above extracted apex folder located in c:\temp\oracle\apex or c:\temp\oracle\apex\apex)
                If it is c:\temp\oracle\ then the above command should be:
                SQL> @apxldimg.sql c:\temp\oracle\
                Hope it helps!
                Regards,
                Kiran
                • 5. Re: frustrated - unable to log-in after install
                  GabyPR
                  At last ! I could see the light!
                  I should be ashamed that this simple matter got me stucked these days,
                  yes, I unzipped to c:\temp\oracle so the ..\apex was not to be included
                  so I executed again the two scripts which gave me error for the same
                  reason: apex_epg_config and apxldimg, but now giving
                  the parameter c:\temp\oracle and they run without errors, and
                  finally I could log to APEX.

THANKS A LOT MY FRIEND!

Still I have the question of whether when installing with PL/SQL gateway there is a file "dads.conf" which
                  stores the alias /i/ that references the path where images are stored, I did not find this file, I know that
                  when installing with HTTP server this file exists as indicated in the installation manual. Well, I solved my problem,
                  if you know about this last matter let me know, just for learning a bit more.
                  • 6. Re: frustrated - unable to log-in after install
                    Gaby,

On Windows install or running of this script, I saw similar problem. If you can proceed with caution, edit this apexldimg.sql file, line 38. It references the unix paths '/' and change that to '\' dos path notation. This worked for me in the past.

VSK

Edited by: VSKumar on Jul 28, 2011 6:24 PM
                    • 7. Re: frustrated - unable to log-in after install
                      GabyPR
                      yes, I noticed that in the script but assumed that windows accepts its anyway, in fact, I did not changed it and the script ran without errors so I assume it is ok to leave it that way.
                      but still I am not sure why they write it that way in the script, If we are in version 4 and they have not changed this, it should be because it causes no harm.