3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 5:54 AM by Todd Little-Oracle

Tuxedo 11gR1 Download

Hi,

Recently i downloaded Tuxedo 11gR1 from the link (under OTN Licence):

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/tuxedo/downloads/index.html

I wished to learn more about Tuxedo ATMI with C++ and therefore installed client for winXP and server for my ubuntu linux. I have been experimenting with it lately to create a small client server personal project without any issues but i am a little confused about the limitations of the software i am using. Is it a limited period trial that i am using or does it have any other limitations. I am unable to figure it out but want to know about it beforehand so that i might not run into any issues down the line which forces me to abandon the project.
        • 1. Re: Tuxedo 11gR1 Download
          Todd Little-Oracle
          Hi,

This an excerpt from the OTN license (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/licenses/standard-license-152015.html) you agreed to when you downloaded Tuxedo:

>
          LICENSE RIGHTS
          We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable limited license to use the programs only for the purpose of developing, testing, prototyping and demonstrating your application, and not for any other purpose. If you use the application you develop under this license for any internal data processing or for any commercial or production purposes, or you want to use the programs for any purpose other than as permitted under this agreement, you must obtain a production release version of the program by contacting us or an Oracle reseller to obtain the appropriate license. You acknowledge that we may not produce a production release version of the program and any development efforts undertaken by you are at your own risk. We may audit your use of the programs. Program documentation, if available, may accessed online at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/documentation/index.html.
          >

So as long as you are only doing development, testing, prototyping, and demonstrating your application, you are covered under the OTN license. If you start to use the application for pretty much anything else, you will need to buy a production license. I hope that helps.

Regards,
          Todd Little
          Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
          • 2. Re: Tuxedo 11gR1 Download
            Hi Todd,

Thanks for the excerpt. I had gone through that and it is true that i am using it for demonstration/protyping purpose only, so it's fine i believe ( and there is no trial period as well i guess..).
            • 3. Re: Tuxedo 11gR1 Download
              Todd Little-Oracle
              Hi,

I believe that is correct, i.e., no trial or time limit that I'm aware of.

Regards,
              Todd Little
              Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
              1 person found this helpful