7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2011 8:13 PM by 878307 RSS

SCJP Certification Query

how do i prepare for SCJP Certification. suggest me the websites for Scjp Mock Test.
        • 1. Re: SCJP Certification Query
          gimbal2
          Study? You will pass if you know the ins and outs of the java language and tools, you will most certainly fail of you slack off and try to learn only the minimum. The certification is quite difficult, but a fair challenge of your knowledge as a programmer.

The best starting point is to get the official study guide, search amazon for java scjp to quickly find it.
          • 2. Re: SCJP Certification Query
            Cathy Sierra is a good book with explanation.
            • 3. Re: SCJP Certification Query
              HaroonAfridi
              Hi,

This one of the best book.

SCJP Sun® Certified
              Programmer for Java™ 6
              Study Guide
              Exam (310-065)
              Kathy Sierra
              Bert Bates

Regards,

Haroon
              • 4. Re: SCJP Certification Query
                There are so many free dump sites, those have some PDF files for SCJP certification, such as BrainDumps, ActualTest etc. Please go through the sites and download the file free of cost.

Thanks,
                PrabirK
                • 5. Re: SCJP Certification Query
                  Prabir wrote:
                  There are so many free dump sites, those have some PDF files for SCJP certification, such as BrainDumps, ActualTest etc. Please go through the sites and download the file free of cost.
                  Yeah, that's great advice for lazy, stupid cheaters who don't want to actually learn anything but just want to get that useless piece of paper, even if it means cheating.
                  • 6. Re: SCJP Certification Query
                    The two books on certification, they are :
                    • A programmer's guide to Java Certification (Second Edition) - Khalid A. Mughal & Ralf W. Rasmuseen.
                    • Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5 SCJP ( Exam 310-055) Exam Study Guide - Kathy Sierra Bert Bates.
                    • SCJP Exam For J2SE 5 - Paul Sanghera, Ph.D

First two books are great. I suggest you pick up Third Edition for Khalid's books as it covers Java
                    Third book (Paul's) is ok but it is too concise for certification preparation.

A good number of mock exams in various website. A few that I remember are:
                    • www.jdiscuss.com
                    • www.jchq.net
                    • www.danchisholm.net
                    • www.javaranch.com
                    • www.javaprepare.com
                    • www.javabeat.net

Good Luck
                    • 7. Re: SCJP Certification Query
                      You can also try SCJP 6 Training Lab.