8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2011 12:21 AM by vinod_t_krishnan RSS

Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS

Hi all,

I created an application which contains a search panel created using a view criteria. It works well. I can search and save the search criteria successfully.
      Then I applied MDS for this application. I followed the steps mentioned in this [url:http://biemond.blogspot.com/2009/07/customize-and-personalize-your-jsf.html]web site.
      Here I used my own UserCC class instead of "oracle.adf.share.config.UserCC".
      Then I get the following error messages when I tried to save a search criteria (still I can search without any problem. error comes when I try to save the search criteria).
      <tt>javax.el.ELException: oracle.jbo.PersistenceException: JBO-26000: A Generic exception occurred during loading Customizations.</tt>
      <tt>Caused by: oracle.jbo.PersistenceException: JBO-26000: A Generic exception occurred during loading Customizations.</tt>
      <tt>Caused by: oracle.mds.exception.ReadOnlyStoreException: MDS-01273: The operation on the resource /persdef/dinuka/test/client/views/ClientsVO.xml failed because source metadata store mapped to the namespace / BASE DEFAULT is read only.</tt>
      What can I do to make this work....??
      What are the steps missing at that web site...??

Any help regarding this issue is appreciated..
      Thanks.
      Dinuka.
        • 1. Re: Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS
          vinod_t_krishnan
          dis u seelct
          select my 'Customization Configuration' (I hadn't selected oracle.adf.share.config.UserCC) in adf-config.xml.
          the information to solve is documented here
          http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/adfmds-128339.pdf
          • 2. Re: Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS
            Thanks for paying attention Mr.Vinod.

I created my own UserCC class called "MyUserCC" which extends "CustomizationClass". all methods are implemented as mentioned in the document (document you have pointed out). I followed [url:http://biemond.blogspot.com/2009/07/customize-and-personalize-your-jsf.html]this web page to made MDS work. but it fails when I try to save a search criteria. I want the solution for this.

Thanks,
            Dinuka.
            • 3. Re: Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS
              REPOST...
              Is anybody there who has applied MDS successfully....?? please give me some hand...
              Thanks,
              Dinuka.
              • 4. Re: Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS
                Rommel Pino
                Hi dinuka,

Im just curious, have you tried to use the built-in UserCC class before? If not, can you try that class instead of your own MyUserCC.

Regards,
                Pino
                • 5. Re: Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS
                  Hi Pino,

problem is not with the class. User customization works.
                  Application remembers table properties of each user. That part works well.
                  When I try to save the search criteria then the following exception was thrown (I can search the table using a search panel created by a view criteria. only the error occurs when I try to save a search criteria)..
                  <tt><LifecycleImpl> <_handleException> ADF_FACES-60098:Faces lifecycle receives unhandled exceptions in phase INVOKE_APPLICATION 5</tt>
                  <tt><font color="red">javax.el.ELException: oracle.jbo.PersistenceException: JBO-26000: A Generic exception occurred during loading Customizations.</font></tt>
                  <tt>     at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(Unknown Source)</tt>
                  <tt>     at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)</tt>
                  <tt>     at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.broadcastToMethodExpression(UIXComponentBase.java:1300)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.UIXQuery.broadcast(UIXQuery.java:120)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.broadcastEvents(LifecycleImpl.java:879)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl._executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:312)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:185)</tt>
                  <tt>     at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:265)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.doFilter(ADFBindingFilter.java:205)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RegistrationFilter.doFilter(RegistrationFilter.java:106)</tt>
                  <tt>     at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:446)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.activedata.AdsFilter.doFilter(AdsFilter.java:60)</tt>
                  <tt>     at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:446)</tt>
                  <tt>     at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:271)</tt>
                  <tt>     at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:177)</tt>
                  <tt>     at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adf.library.webapp.LibraryFilter.doFilter(LibraryFilter.java:175)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter$1.run(JpsAbsFilter.java:111)</tt>
                  <tt>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsSubject.doAsPrivileged(JpsSubject.java:313)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.security.jps.ee.util.JpsPlatformUtil.runJaasMode(JpsPlatformUtil.java:413)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.runJaasMode(JpsAbsFilter.java:94)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.doFilter(JpsAbsFilter.java:161)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsFilter.doFilter(JpsFilter.java:71)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.dms.servlet.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:136)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)</tt>
                  <tt>     at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:176)</tt>
                  <tt><font color="red">Caused by: oracle.jbo.PersistenceException: JBO-26000: A Generic exception occurred during loading Customizations.</font></tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.jbo.mom.xml.XMLOutputStream.setupDocument(XMLOutputStream.java:220)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.jbo.mom.xml.XMLOutputStream.<init>(XMLOutputStream.java:151)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.jbo.mom.PersistableDefObject.getDefWriter(PersistableDefObject.java:440)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.jbo.mom.PersistableDefObject.writeXMLContents(PersistableDefObject.java:630)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.jbo.uicli.binding.JUSearchBindingCustomizer.flushChanges(JUSearchBindingCustomizer.java:771)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.jbo.uicli.binding.JUSearchBindingCustomizer.createPersonalization(JUSearchBindingCustomizer.java:795)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.model.binding.FacesCtrlSearchBinding.processQueryOperation(FacesCtrlSearchBinding.java:559)</tt>
                  <tt>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)</tt>
                  <tt>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)</tt>
                  <tt>     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)</tt>
                  <tt>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)</tt>
                  <tt>     ... 46 more</tt>
                  <tt><font color="red">Caused by: oracle.mds.exception.ReadOnlyStoreException: MDS-01273: The operation on the resource /persdef/myads/model/Employee.xml failed because source metadata store mapped to the namespace / BASE DEFAULT is read only.</font></tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.mds.core.MDSSession.checkAndSetWriteStoreInUse(MDSSession.java:2275)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.mds.core.MDSSession.createMetadataObject(MDSSession.java:490)</tt>
                  <tt>     at oracle.jbo.mom.xml.XMLOutputStream.setupDocument(XMLOutputStream.java:199)</tt>
                  <tt>     ... 56 more</tt>
                  I build the application following steps mentioned in this [url:http://biemond.blogspot.com/2009/07/customize-and-personalize-your-jsf.html]web site.
                  I think some step or some configuration part is missing there.
                  can you help me to find it out....??

thanks a lot,
                  Dinuka.
                  • 6. Re: Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS
                    Thanks all for helping...
                    Got the solution.. {message:id=3708463} :D

Best Regards.
                    Dinuka.
                    • 7. Re: Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS
                      vinod_t_krishnan
                      whats the solution by the way..??
                      • 8. Re: Error when try to save Search Criteria after applying MDS
                        Hi Mr.Vinod,

Go to this thread. {message:id=3708463}
                        there is some code segment which should be inserted to adf-config.xml
                        At my adf-config.xml that part is missing and then I inserted it inside the correct tag. Now it works. those errors were disappeared.
                        Only that and nothing special.

Steps I have followed earlier...
                        *1.* Enabled seeded customization & user customization.
                        *2.* Created a UserCC class which extends the CustomizationClass.
                        *3.* Added it to the adf-config.xml, customization configuration
                        *4.* added column field to the adf-config.xml
                        *5.* created a metadata profile (MDS file) at Application Properties.
                        *6.* at Application Properties -> Run -> MDS ; selected the created MAR file as the MAR profile.

Best Regards.
                        Dinuka.