This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2013 7:43 AM by 3ab04137-7537-4ee9-ab89-901d7f1de199 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Oracle 11g Client Installer crashes on Windows Server 2008 R2
    879164 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Did anybody got a solution? I have exactly the same problem on my Dell Studio laptop with Win 7 Professional.
  • 16. Re: Oracle 11g Client Installer crashes on Windows Server 2008 R2
    881323 Newbie
    I think I've gotten it to work on Win7 64-bit with Oracle 11g. Oddly enough, it ran differently when I opened a command prompt window as administrator and ran setup.exe with the suggested command-line options:
    setup.exe -debug -printtime -printmemory -printdiskusage -logLevel finest
    While it had previously been failed both by running setup from the Explorer windows as administrator and by running it from the command line as administrator - it died every time at the same point mentioned by others in this thread - just after this message appeared in the log:

Get view named [SummaryUI]

Note also that these log files are showing up (for me, anyway) in c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\OraInstall<date_time>\installActions*.log and not in Program Files\Oracle\... or whatever the docs say.

However, when I ran setup.exe with the command line options it succeeded and seems to have finished successfully.

So, best guess is to run the command prompt window as administrator, navigate to the directory where setup.exe resides and try running it with the command line above. It's worked in at least one case. Now, of course, I get to see if the danged thing actually runs.
  • 17. Re: Oracle 11g Client Installer crashes on Windows Server 2008 R2
    887180 Newbie
    Command line options didnt work for me...

But its working now after I tried to install from another user.
  • 18. Re: Oracle 11g Client Installer crashes on Windows Server 2008 R2
    3ab04137-7537-4ee9-ab89-901d7f1de199 Newbie

This worked for me, but with one "tweak" added from another posting to repoint to the version of java you have installed on your machine. I used the latest glassfish 1.6 jdk.

Run the command prompt executeable as Administrator.

cd to the folder with client:  setup.exe

Run:

setup.exe -debug -printtime -printmemory -printdiskusage -logLevel finest -jreLoc C:\glassfish3\jdk

Substitute the path in the -jreloc option to point to wherever you have your preferred jdk or jre installed.

1 2 Previous Next