This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 6:27 AM by Mr.D. RSS

CHM GUI on 11gr2

harris baskaran Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Has anyone tried using the CHM GUI along with the inbuilt chm daemons on a 11gr2 clusterware ? Is it compatible?

I tried it an it keeps erroring out

Cluster Health Analyzer V1.10
Look for Loggerd via node node1

?E: Cannot connect to Loggerd on node1
Reason: Invalid node name
Note: Node localnode is now up

• 1. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    Levi-Pereira Guru
    Hi,

Try this...
    Monitoring the Cluster in Real Time with CHM (Cluster Health Monitor)
    http://levipereira.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/monitoring-the-cluster-in-real-time-with-chm-cluster-health-monitor/

Regards,
    Levi Pereira
  • 2. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    harris baskaran Newbie
    Hi Levi,

I tried the exact same steps. I got the error below

C:\oracle\chm\bin>crfgui.bat -m node1
    Cluster Health Analyzer V1.10
    Look for Loggerd via node node1

Note: Node localnode is now up

...Polling for connection to Loggerd on node1, duration: 60sec
    Terminating on signal SIGINT(2)
    Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y

I tried connecting even on the vip address and the scan IP , but no luck :(
    I had followed your original blog post on CHM. My Unix admin says that the 61027 port is being listened by osysmond on the private interconnect.

Thank you.
    Harry
  • 3. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    Levi-Pereira Guru
    Hi,

What's version of Clusterware?
  • 4. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    harris baskaran Newbie
    Its a 11gr2 cluster.

Oracle Clusterware version on node [node1] is [11.2.0.2.0]
  • 5. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    361512 Explorer
    Hi harry2040.

as of today, there is no CHM GUI available that can be used with an 11.2.0.2 cluster. For more information see:

http://www.oracleracsig.org/pls/apex/f?p=105:206:2487023438848206::NO And this recorded seminar:

Title: UPDATE on: Oracle Cluster Health Monitor (CHM) and Converting to Policy-managed Databases
    Presenter: Markus Michalewicz     
    Abstract: This presentation is an update to the presentations on Cluster Health Monitor (Everything you ever wanted to know about the Cluster Health Monitor; presented on 19-AUG-10) and the instructions on how to convert to Policy-managed Databases (Migrating from an administrator-managed database to a policy-managed database, presented on 13-MAY-10), as both presentations given last year represent the pre-Oracle Database 11.2.0.2 status of development. With the introduction of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) 11.2.0.2 some of the behavior described last year has changed, which will be discussed in this session. The presentation will also provide some recommendations on how to convert to policy based databases based on some real world scenarios, which were not discussed in the previous presentation.

Hope that helps. Thanks,
    Markus
  • 6. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    Levi-Pereira Guru
    Hi Markus,
    Thank you.

The GUI mode to 11.2.0.2 will be released? If yes. When it will be available??
    Tks again

Levi Pereira
  • 7. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    361512 Explorer
    Hi Levi,

the GUI is independent of the CHM version shipped with Oracle Grid Infrastructure. However and right now, there is unfortunately no ETA when the GUI will be available for the integrated CHM 11.2.0.2 or higher (11.2.0.3 for example, once out), as I pointed out in the webcast. The GUI is optional as far as CHM and its purpose is concerned, although it is useful. The webcast shows how command line tools can be used to perform some of the tasks, which otherwise the GUI would have been used for and 11.2.0.3 will have some enhancements in this regard. There will be certainly another webcast, as things progress.

Hope that helps. Thanks,
    Markus
  • 8. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    Levi-Pereira Guru
    Hi Markus,

The command line is not friendly as the GUI. It is easier to monitor the host in real time with the GUI than the command line.
    Thank for the information, I will wait for release the CHM GUI from version 11.2.0.2 or higher.

Regards,
    Levi Pereira
  • 9. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    user166113 Newbie
    Is there an ETA now for the CHM GUI as 11.2.0.3 is finally released?

Best regards,
    Martin
  • 10. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    __OUTSIDER___ Newbie
    Hi Levi , thanks for
    link "
    http://levipereira.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/monitoring-the-cluster-in-real-time-with-chm-cluster-health-monitor/"

however I have some problem as Harry but my version of Grid Infrastructure Clusterware Release is 11.2.0.1.0 , can you give me some advice ?
  • 11. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    MarkS Newbie
    There is now a new version available now of both the Standalone Cluster Health Monitor for Linux that will work for pre-11.2.0.2 Grid Infrastructure installations and a new separate GUI download (CHMOSG) that will work with bot the Standalone versions as well as the integrated versions in 11.2.0.2+.

Regards,

Mark
  • 12. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    Levi-Pereira Guru
    Thanks for the info.

Levi Pereira
  • 13. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    narentawar Newbie
    Have you tried this new version? if so would be great if you could share document with us!!!
  • 14. Re: CHM GUI on 11gr2
    narentawar Newbie
    Mark, have you tried this new version which is compatible with 11.2.0.2? If you have any details please do share.

Thanks
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points