4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2011 1:03 AM by SHAN2009 RSS

Opatch Failed (Oracle Database Lite 10g 10.3.0.3)

SHAN2009
      Hi all,

I am Using Oracle Database 10g R2 10.2.0.4.0 and Oracle Database Lite 10g R3 10.3.0.3 On windows 2003 Server SP2 32 Bit. While Applying OPatch in my Lite database i got this error message and the Opatch Code is p12677282_103030_Generic
      Please Advice me how to resolve this error message.

Error Message:

Do you want to upgrade the repository(y/n):y

"Upgrading repository for LU"
      UpgradeRepoforLU.java:43: cannot access oracle.lite.sync.SiteDef
      bad class file: D:\Olite10g_1\mobile\classes\consolidator.jar(oracle/lite/sync/S
      iteDef.class)
      class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
      Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpa
      th.
      SiteDef.CONS_SCHEMA=schema;
      ^
      1 error
      Could Not Find D:\12677282\oracle\lite\sync\*.class
      A duplicate file name exists, or the file
      cannot be found.
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/lite/sync/Upgr
      adeRepoforLU
      "Upgrading repository for bug 9776825"
      UpgradeRepoforbug9776825.java:32: cannot access oracle.lite.sync.ConsPLSQL
      bad class file: D:\Olite10g_1\mobile\classes\consolidator.jar(oracle/lite/sync/C
      onsPLSQL.class)
      Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpa
      th.
      stat.executeUpdate(oracle.lite.sync.ConsPLSQL.DEFAULT_PUB_QPKG_B
      );
      ^
      1 error
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: UpgradeRepoforbug9776
      "Upgrading repository for bug 9957803"

Thanks & Regards,

Shan
        • 1. Re: Opatch Failed (Oracle Database Lite 10g 10.3.0.3)
          vasileios

are you trying to install the patch with the wrong java version?
          in my servers i have jdk1.5.0_18 installed and i installed all latest patches in my 10.3.0.3.ofc 1.5 is not the minimum req but its a working version for me

run your install like it says in the example

install c:\oracle_home jdbc:oracle:thin:@oracleserver:1521:orcl mobileadmin mobadmin c:\jdk1.5
          something like that, execute install and it will tell you the exact way to run it. but make sure the java path points to the correct version of java
          • 2. Re: Opatch Failed (Oracle Database Lite 10g 10.3.0.3)
            SHAN2009
            Hi vasileios,

Setting the java version to 1.5, i am able to install the Opatch without any issues. But new issue came now i am getting warning message when i start the mobileserver
            Please Advice.

WARNING: Code-source D:\Olite10g_1\Mobile\classes\ojpse.jar (from <library> in /
            D:/Olite10g_1/mobile_oc4j/j2ee/mobileserver/config/application.xml) has the same
            filename but is not identical to /D:/Olite10g_1/jre/1.4.2/lib/ext/ojpse.jar (fr
            om system property java.ext.dirs). If it contains different versions of the same
            classes, it will be masked as the latter is already visible in the search path
            of loader default.root:0.0.0.
            11/08/03 18:52:35 CONFIG_FILE: D:\Olite10g_1\mobile\server\bin\webtogo.ora

Thanks & Regards,

Shan
            • 3. Re: Opatch Failed (Oracle Database Lite 10g 10.3.0.3)
              vasileios
              btw the latest patch (generic) is 12812978 actually this morning i installed it in 3 develop servers and 2 customers' without any issue (win 2003 server pcs)

anw in your case it seems that something possibly was not installed successfully.

1)press the close(x) button once on the mobileserver , wait some seconds it will say press any key to continue. press it and it will close
              2) restart it. if the same warning comes out then try loggin in the http://localhost/webtogo page, is it working?does the server and mgp appear on?(green tick?)
              3) if it is, try syncing a device, does it sync ok?

if all is yes then the warning is not important but you should have a look at it. some solutions
              1)reinstalling the patch
              2)or installing a newer patch,
              3)or (i think) you can roll back the patch,
              4)or if we are talking for a release server(customer) raise a service request.
              5)or wait a little for some other forum users to check this thread and perhaps they have runned into such cases

i would go for number 2
              • 4. Re: Opatch Failed (Oracle Database Lite 10g 10.3.0.3)
                SHAN2009
                Hi vasileios,

Even after resinstalling the Opatch the Problem still exist then i checked the java version in the server its show 1.4 so what i did i added the java version 1.5 path in the environment PATH Variable after that i restarted the mobileserver. Now i am not getting any warning messages and the mobileserver is up and running.

Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Shan