This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2011 9:36 PM by 881538 RSS

Find Criteria problem in ADF BC framework with DataServices for tables 1to1

881538 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi..

I have built a DataService (Database tables exposed as WebServices) using ADF BC framework in JDeveloper.

I have used 2 tables Cqualitycategory(Parent) and Cqualitycategoryxref(child) with 1 to 1 relationship on id Cqualitycategoryid.

This service exposes operations such as Create, Update, Find, delete & etc.

After providing this service WSDL path to SOAP UI tool and when I try to hit the find criteria(*childFindCriteria*) using the below request I receive all the records of the child for a single parent table(Having multiple records for the child tables). But according to the below request(childFindCriteria filter) I should only get the records which matches the filter along with the Parent record.

---&-----------------------------------&-------------------------&----------------------------------&----------------------------&-----------------------------&
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:typ="/com/abc/csim/ebo/module/common/types/" xmlns:typ1="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/svc/types/">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<typ:findCqualitycategoryBO>
<typ:findCriteria>
<typ1:fetchStart>0</typ1:fetchStart>
<typ1:fetchSize>-1</typ1:fetchSize>
<typ1:filter>
<typ1:group>
<typ1:upperCaseCompare>true</typ1:upperCaseCompare>
<typ1:item>
<typ1:attribute>Cqualitycategoryid</typ1:attribute>
<typ1:operator>like</typ1:operator>
<typ1:value>209</typ1:value>
</typ1:item>
</typ1:group>
</typ1:filter>
<typ1:childFindCriteria>
<typ1:filter>
<typ1:group>
<typ1:item>
<typ1:attribute>Cqualitycategorycode</typ1:attribute>
<typ1:operator>=</typ1:operator>
<typ1:value>P1234</typ1:value>
<typ1:nested/>
</typ1:item>
</typ1:group>
</typ1:filter>
<typ1:childFindCriteria/>
</typ1:childFindCriteria>
</typ:findCriteria>
<typ:findControl>
<typ1:retrieveAllTranslations>false</typ1:retrieveAllTranslations>
</typ:findControl>
</typ:findCqualitycategoryBO>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>
%--------------------------------%--------------------------------------%---------------------%----------------------------%---------------------------------%

But the same kind of request (find criteria) is perfectly works fine by giving the desired result(childFindCriteria) with 1 Parent tables and 2-3 childs(1 to many relationship).

It seems to be an issue with the ADF BC Framework for the tables with 1 to 1 relationship.

Please suggest me a solution or a work around so that the childFindCriteria works for tables with 1 to 1 relationship.

Mahesh

Edited by: user13174911 on Aug 17, 2011 10:03 AM

Edited by: user13174911 on Aug 17, 2011 10:05 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points