3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2011 8:56 AM by RPuttagunta RSS

Unable to login to hr tutorial

I have installed 11g xe on Fedora 14 64bit Linux. I followed the instructions in the on-line Oracle® Database Express Edition Getting Started Guide for 11g Release 2 (11.2) and in section 6.4 "Running Your New Application" once you have selected the "run Application" icon you are suppose to log in to the HR Application you just created using "hr" for the UserName and Password. This doesn't seem to work. Is this a known bug or is there another userName and password that I should use?

glm
        • 1. Re: Unable to login to hr tutorial
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl post the exact error code and message. Did you unlock the account and set a password first, as noted in the docs ?

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17781_01/server.112/e18804/users_secure.htm#sthref245'

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Unable to login to hr tutorial
            I followed the tutorial step by step. There are no locks on this table or schema. The tutorial says that the user name and password is "hr" but when pressing run and entering this for both username and password it fails. If I enter the user as hr_apex and give the password I created I go to the next page which shows the data for the EMPLOYEES table. There seems to be a miss print in the instructions.
            • 3. Re: Unable to login to hr tutorial
              RPuttagunta
              Ok,

First, would you be able to connect using 'sql*plus' to the database user 'hr'?

Try that.

Open SQL*Plus
              SYSTEM@XE > connect hr/hr
              ERROR:
              ORA-28000: the account is locked

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE.
              @ > conn system@xe
              Enter password:
              Connected.
              Mon 08/22/2011

08:55 AM

SYSTEM@xe > alter user hr account unlock;

User altered.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.01
              SYSTEM@xe > connect hr/hr
              Connected.
              Mon 08/22/2011

08:56 AM