3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2011 11:35 AM by SevCon RSS

Changing order of DataSets causes Union to "stick"...

SevCon
      Hi all,

Has anyone else encountered this? I don't have metalink login to hand to check if it's a known bug....

I have an interface with 2 tables joined.

I added a dataset with one table in it and moved that DS to the top so I could have a deduplicting Union.

When the Incremental Update KM loads the I$ table the following erroneous statement is generated:
      INSERT INTO I$_
      SELECT * FROM (
      UNION --<---------SHOULD NOT BE HERE!!!!!
      SELECT ...
      FROM A
      UNION
      SELECT ...
      FROM B
      )
      etc.

It seem that the odiRef.getDataSet() API in the KM is still picking up the UNION operator from the data set I added and moved to the top. Even deleting this DS has made no difference.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution? I assume I could alter the metadata but would rather not (and the interface is pretty simple so may just rebuild it).

Any help welcome.

S.

Edited by: SevCon on Aug 24, 2011 7:21 AM
        • 1. Re: Changing order of DataSets causes Union to "stick"...
          SevCon
          Hi,

Some investigation into the metadata shows that the dataset operator is set/held in snp_data_set.ds_operator.

Joining from snp_pop I have updated the data from UNION to null for the relevant DS as I can see no other way around it - and it seems safe enough.

When I get a chance I will see if this is has been logged with Oracle - my testing showed that it is, as far as I can see, a problem when re-ordering datasets.

Hope this might help someone.

S.
          • 2. Re: Changing order of DataSets causes Union to "stick"...
            SevCon
            Hi,

Some investigation into the metadata shows that the dataset operator is set/held in snp_data_set.ds_operator.

Joining from snp_pop I have updated the data from UNION to null for the relevant DS as I can see no other way around it - and it seems safe enough.

When I get a chance I will see if this is has been logged with Oracle - my testing showed that it is, as far as I can see, a problem when re-ordering datasets.

S.
            • 3. Re: Changing order of DataSets causes Union to "stick"...
              SevCon
              Hi,

S.