i need to install jd edwards enterprise one 9.0 on two machines:
- linux-64 : database and enterprise server
- windows 2008 server-64, deployment server , weblogic server(and deploy web client)
i installed database and enterprise server on linux.( first i created a 10gr2 oracle database and then installed platform pack)
i installed deployment server with oracle local database (kit from edelivery) .
1. Now i am confused ..shouldn't be only one database in the architecture ..the one i manualy created for platform pack instalation? The deployement server created it's own database..e1local ..
2. is this configuartion complete to run jdedwards (assuming that i install weblogic server and deploy .ear for webclient?
what about "jdedwards enterprise one standalone/demo"? should i have considered to install this instead of deployement, database , enterprise server..? does this replace the instalation of database, enerprise, deployement, client servers and allow users to run jdedwards(for learning purpose) ?
1)In JDE Architecture you have at last 3 type of database: the database server with data, configuration and so on, the local database on dep server, the local database on development workstation.
2) In your config you are missing the dev workstation and the server manager installation.
Hope this can be useful.
thanks for your answer.
the workstation must be on another server or on each client's machine?
i belive the server manager can be on the same machine as deployement server (windows 2008 server). right?
thank you and best regards!
now i have problems at deploying the web client. i have unzipped v12919-01 zip file and the 898JGA_06_70.par
i have deployed the webclient.ear succesfuly, but when i try to start the deployed app the following error occurs:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Security section in Jas.ini missing
i searched for this error bu t i couldn't find anything
for the moment i have installed:
on linux64 machine : enterprise+database server (jdedw9) -custom->complete
on windows 64 : - deployement server+local database(E1LOCAL) (jdedw9) -custom->complete
- Deployment Server Tools - in the same directory as deployement server
- server manager (only installed, not configured when accesing hostname:8999/manage/home)
- weblogic server 10.3.5
I understand that i need to install webclinet for the architecture to be complete( to be able to run JDEdwards).
My question is how should i deploy the webclient.ear file ? In the deployement server or in weblogic server? Can someone help with the exact steps?
Thank you so much!
You need to deploy the webclient to weblogic server trough server manager. This is the only way.
So take the time to configure Server Manager and refear to Server Manager guide on ho to create and deploy new instances.
it seems that you need OAS (ias) and not weblogic server to integrate with server manager. now i'm having problems installing oas on windows 2008 64 bits. i will post a sumary when complete.