3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2011 9:52 AM by 529590 RSS

Publishing Wizard (PW) - No Internet browser is open when PW is complete

Hello Everybody,

Working inside the Developer environment, I was publishing a new version of my work.

Note: UPK 3.6.1 Single User installation with service packs installed:
      Developer
      ESP1 for Developer 3.6.1 or 9.6.1 [101]
      ESP2 for Developer 3.6.1 or 9.6.1 [102]
      ESP3 for Developer 3.6.1 or 9.6.1 [103]
      Library
      ESP2 for Developer 3.6.1 or 9.6.1 [102]
      ESP1 for Developer 3.6.1 or 9.6.1 [101]
      ESP3 for Developer 3.6.1 or 9.6.1 [103]

Normally, once the Publishing Wizard is complete, several options are displayed in the last window to select one of them:

- Launch the content automatically
      - Open the folder where the contect was published
      - Configure Player options for In-Application Support
      - Close the Publishing Wizard

So, I normally select the first one (Launch the content automatically) to have the Internet browser simulating the behavoir
      of the current UPK material.

During the last few days, this options can not be selected since is not activate anymore.

Does any one knows how I can activate it to launch the Internet browser again?

Best Regards //
      Rubén
        • 1. Re: Publishing Wizard (PW) - No Internet browser is open when PW is complete
          Marc Santosusso
          Hello,

It sounds like you're publishing more than one output, in which case there isn't an option to open since it's unclear which output you would like to open. Use "Open the folder where the content was published" where you can navigate to each of the publish outputs.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
          Marc
          • 2. Re: Publishing Wizard (PW) - No Internet browser is open when PW is complete
            Hi Marc,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried you suggestion before receiving your message and didn´t work out, specially when acessing the files direcly in the corresponding folder and clicking on the toc.html file.

Best Regards //
            Rubén
            • 3. Re: Publishing Wizard (PW) - No Internet browser is open when PW is complete
              Hi Marc and All,

Yesterday I tried once again to solve this issue and this time it worked out.

Solution:

1) Start the Publish Wizard
              2) Select Destination path
              3) In General Publishing Options, select Publish Entire Outline
              4) In Advanced Publishing Option, in the Category by default you have the option "User Productivity Kit"
              but as soon as you have a customized option, it will appear in the list, so I used to select the
              customized one and I used to get the described error.

This time I select the default option and it worked out!

Later one, in a new publishing process I select the customized one and worked again as usual.

Conclusion
              From the technical point of view, since I´m not one of the Oracle UPK designers, I can not explain why this
              behavoir, but as a non-official Oracle UPK tester I found a solution.

Best Regards //
              Rubén Zamudio