This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2011 2:34 AM by 851528 RSS

adding a hidden column in the report

851528 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
i have to add a column to the existing form,the newly added column should not visible at the run time .whenever i am inserting the data into the form automaticallly the newly added column should update with the flag as 'N'.

Note:i will not enter any data manually in the newly added column.it's automatically get the flag in backend
  • 1. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
    InoL Guru
    Set the Initial Value to N.
    it's automatically get the flag in backend
    If the value N is already set in the backend (column default value in the database I suppose), I don't see why you need to do it in the form actually.

Edited by: InoL on Aug 31, 2011 11:07 AM
  • 2. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
    851528 Newbie
    actually i didnt have that column in the back end .i newly added in the backend also
  • 3. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
    851528 Newbie
    if i give initial value in the database.it will be added to the old data also but my scenario is it should effect from now.
  • 4. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
    851528 Newbie
    THANK YOU .I RESOLVED IT
  • 5. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
    851528 Newbie
    i have 3 tables whenever i am updating the data into the first table automatically corresponding columns in to the other 2 tables should get updated.

if i want put a condition like c1='y' c2='y' then it should update the data in all tables at a time.and
    if c1='y',c2='n',c3= some date at this time it should update according to the date.

what should i do?
    can i use pre update or post update triggers if so how can i use them
  • 6. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
    851528 Newbie
    i have 3 tables whenever i am updating the data into the first table automatically corresponding columns in to the other 2 tables should get updated.

if i want put a condition like c1='y' c2='y' then it should update the data in all tables at a time.and
    if c1='y',c2='n',c3= some date at this time it should update according to the date.

what should i do?
  • 7. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
    851528 Newbie

what should i do?
  • 8. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
    851528 Newbie

what should i do?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points