8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2011 4:34 AM by 851528 RSS

adding a hidden column in the report

i have to add a column to the existing form,the newly added column should not visible at the run time .whenever i am inserting the data into the form automaticallly the newly added column should update with the flag as 'N'.

Note:i will not enter any data manually in the newly added column.it's automatically get the flag in backend
        • 1. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
          InoL
          Set the Initial Value to N.
          it's automatically get the flag in backend
          If the value N is already set in the backend (column default value in the database I suppose), I don't see why you need to do it in the form actually.

Edited by: InoL on Aug 31, 2011 11:07 AM
          • 2. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
            actually i didnt have that column in the back end .i newly added in the backend also
            • 3. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
              if i give initial value in the database.it will be added to the old data also but my scenario is it should effect from now.
              • 4. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
                THANK YOU .I RESOLVED IT
                • 5. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
                  i have 3 tables whenever i am updating the data into the first table automatically corresponding columns in to the other 2 tables should get updated.

if i want put a condition like c1='y' c2='y' then it should update the data in all tables at a time.and
                  if c1='y',c2='n',c3= some date at this time it should update according to the date.

what should i do?
                  can i use pre update or post update triggers if so how can i use them
                  • 6. Re: adding a hidden column in the report
                    i have 3 tables whenever i am updating the data into the first table automatically corresponding columns in to the other 2 tables should get updated.

if i want put a condition like c1='y' c2='y' then it should update the data in all tables at a time.and
                    if c1='y',c2='n',c3= some date at this time it should update according to the date.

what should i do?
                    • 7. Re: adding a hidden column in the report

what should i do?
                      • 8. Re: adding a hidden column in the report

what should i do?