I was trying to add a NFS share for Ldom virtual disk but its not working following are the steps which i used
1. I 'm using Ldom Manager 2.1 with latest firmware on my T5220.
2. Created a zfs dataset on a server with ample storage.
#zfs list emcpool1/vol09
NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
emcpool1/vol09 30.0G 238G 30.0G /VMshare
3. Share the /VMshare with nfs and export.
#showmount -e nfs_server
export list for nfs_server
4. Use automount to mount /VMshare on my T5220
-rw------T 1 root root 30G Sep 1 08:58 boot.img
5. Trying to add the boot.image from the nfs export as virtual disk device but get following error though the share is accessible via automount w/o any issues.
# ldm add-vdsdev /net/nfs_server/VMshare/boot.img disk1@primary-vds0
Path /net/nfs_server/VMshare/boot.img is not valid on service domain primary
df -h .
Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on
268G 30G 238G 12% /net/nfs_server/VMshare
I have read in no. of blogs/articles that we can add the nfs based disk backend but none shows the command ..
Can any one plz tell me if its possible and if yes then what i 'm doing wrong .. any help would be appreciated.