This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2011 7:51 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

Peoplesoft HCM 9.1 OVM template - default user for Peoplesoft

828733 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,
I have successfully set up Peoplesoft HCM VM demo environment using the VM templates. I am currently using PS/PS and VP1/VP1 for logging into the PS front end. I would like to either change the passwords to these users (which is not very simple) or use any other user that exists in PS to log in.

Is there any pre-existing user in Peoplesoft VM templates that can be used to log into PS front-end?

Regards
CP
  • 1. Re: Peoplesoft HCM 9.1 OVM template - default user for Peoplesoft
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    The database delivered in Peoplesoft OVM template is nothing but a demo database. As for all demo, you have PS, VP1 and PSHC avalaible. You can also see the users' list in Peopletools -> Security -> Users.
    However, I'm not sure to understand why you say that changing password within the front-end appl is not simple, could you clarify ?

Nicolas.
  • 2. Re: Peoplesoft HCM 9.1 OVM template - default user for Peoplesoft
    828733 Newbie
    Hi Nicolas,
    I tried changing the password for PS user from Peoplesoft front-end and then my webserver could not start. Later I learnt that I need to change the password for PS on many different locations. I had to rebuild everything from scratch and now I am not sure if I want to change pwd again for the super users in PS

Which users out of PS, VP1 and PSHC can be used easily with a changed password. My only requirement is a demo user with access to all views in PS and with a different password than the default one.

Regards
    CP
  • 3. Re: Peoplesoft HCM 9.1 OVM template - default user for Peoplesoft
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    Probably the application server has to be reloaded when changing PS's password (PS is used in HCM to start the appserver, and consequently config file has to be change within the new password).
    That's it, nothing more after changing PS's password (same with VP1 for FCM or CRM).
    My only requirement is a demo user with access to all views in PS
    It's not clear to me, are you talking about the front-end user PS or about the database's user PS ? Whether the first is explained earlier, the second should be locked and should not be in used.

Nicolas.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points