This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2011 1:15 PM by 887130 RSS

Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar

ForceRs Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Using java 7, the plug-in console shows message: "Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar"

Is this a bug?

Java Plug-in 10.0.0.147
Using JRE version 1.7.0-b147 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
  • 1. Re: Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar
    817264 Journeyer
    No, this is just trace message. No need to worry :)
  • 2. Re: Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar
    gimbal2 Guru
    ForceRs wrote:
    Using java 7, the plug-in console shows message: "Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar"

Is this a bug?

Java Plug-in 10.0.0.147
    Using JRE version 1.7.0-b147 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
    You can be sure that when something isn't right, you'll know it. When you see the result of a bug you'll probably come here to get help figuring out how to read the very verbose error you get :)
  • 3. Re: Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar
    887130 Newbie
    I'm getting the following error when trying to run our application via WebStart:

java.lang.SecurityException: attempted to open sandboxed jar http://www.pixelture.com/products/downloads/WPbasic2.0/wpbasic.jar as Trusted-Only
         at com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentElement.checkResource(Unknown Source)
         at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.checkResource(Unknown Source)
         at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(Unknown Source)
         at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
         at com.sun.jnlp.JNLPClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
         at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
         at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

With Java 6 (and only Java 6) our application runs fine. When I installed 7, I started getting this error. I even changed the JNLP file to require running with Java 6 instead of 7, and I still get this error.

I feel like this is related to the deploy.jar being loaded, since it is an unsigned jar, but the error seems to suggest there is something in our jar that is unsigned. I don't know how this is possible. Please help!
  • 4. Re: Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar
    817264 Journeyer
    What version of jre 6 is working? Is it latest?

What you observe sounds like mixed code violation. Do you have mix of signed and unsigned jars in your app?
    See details on mixing signed and unsigned code and related restrictions here:
    http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jweb/mixed_code.html
    It should be the same for latest JRE 6 though.

Could you post link to your application?
  • 5. Re: Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar
    887130 Newbie
    I've been using 1.6.0_26

Previous to the install of Java 7, it ran fine with 1.6.0_26. Since I've installed Java 7, I can't download and run this app anymore. I should also mention that it works fine on other computers who have 1.6.0_27 installed and not Java 7.

All the jars in the app are signed, there shouldn't be any mix. I've also tried signing the jars with "Trusted-Library:true" and come up with the same results.

You can go here to download the app (download the 2.0 version): http://www.pixelture.com/products/downloads/wpbasicDownload.php

Edited by: brandonmoon on Sep 12, 2011 9:28 AM
  • 6. Re: Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar
    887130 Newbie
    For the record, I found a workaround for this problem. Turns out if we disable pack200 compression on our jars, it works. Since these same jars work fine with Java 6, we can only assume this is a bug in Java 7's Web Start, so we are submitting a bug report to Oracle. Just wanted to post this here since it's a bit of an obscure problem and I was unable to find anything else online that addressed it. Hopefully it will save some pain for others.
  • 7. Re: Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar
    892952 Newbie
    I installed JRE 6u26 on my machine (window XP), running your app in IE browser:
    http://www.pixelture.com/products/downloads/wpbasicDownload.php

It works fine, then I install JRE7 (you can download it from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/index.html
    run the app again, it still works fine.

You may retest it from another machine, if you still have issue, please attach the trace file for more information, thanks.
  • 8. Re: Detected from bootclasspath: C:\\PROGRA~1\\Java\\jre7\\lib\\deploy.jar
    887130 Newbie
    Our app is configured to run in offline mode after the first launch. We've confirmed that our app runs fine with Java 7 when running in offline mode. Please try running our app in online mode with Java 7 and you will see the problem.

Also, this behavior makes sense if the problem is tied to pack200 compression.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points