1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2012 10:47 AM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle RSS

Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?

Hi

I've raised a few SRs with the OCP team. In order to update details on the SRs I'm asked access iSupport through an URL like

http://global-service.oraclecorp.com/OA_HTML/iburdt01.jsp?srID=<SR>

where <SR> is the SR ID.

However, this doesn't work as it appears that global-service.oraclecorp.com is internal to Oracle only:

c:\>nslookup global-service.oraclecorp.com
      Server: UnKnown
      Address: 62.13.173.93

*** UnKnown can't find global-service.oraclecorp.com: Non-existent domain

c:\>nslookup www.oracle.com
      Server: UnKnown
      Address: 62.13.173.93

Non-authoritative answer:
      Name: a398.g.akamai.net
      Addresses: 195.22.200.194
      Aliases: www.oracle.com
      www.oracle.com.edgesuite.net

What's the correct URL to iSupport outside of Oracle?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Finn
        • 1. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
          Gatha
          Try login with https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html and search for the SR id.

Or try to log in with the same URL which used to raise the SR and search for the SR id.

Edited by: gatha on Jul 27, 2011 4:19 AM
          • 2. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
            Hi

Thanks for your suggestions.

However, there is no correlation between a support ID and the SR created with OCP support so I can't see that SR via Oracle Support and there is no search facility available through the URL

http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

I used to create the SR in the first place (you can only create a new SR that refers to the old one but this would create one SR for each update).

The e-mail received from OCP support suggests that I use the URL

http://global-service.oraclecorp.com/OA_HTML/iburdt01.jsp?srID=<SR>

that doesn't work so I'm stuck.

Cheers

Finn
            • 3. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
              user5926531
              Same thing for me. the website is not accessible for me....
              • 4. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                I am checking on this.

Regards,
                Brandye Barrington
                Certification Forum Moderator
                • 5. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                  user4586760
                  Same to me, i created SR and received update but can not view or update thought
                  http://global-service.oraclecorp.com/OA_HTML/iburdt01.jsp?srID=mySR
                  :(
                  • 6. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                    It appears that the URL can only be used by "internal candidates" (Oracle employees) but seen that this e-mail goes out to all candidates, it's all very confusing.

Instead, "external candidates" should send an e-mail to ocpexam_ww@oracle.com and mention the appropriate SR number. However, I haven't had much luck in updating/providing more info using this approach as it seems that this e-mail address is rarely monitored by the OCP support team.

Cheers

Finn
                    • 7. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                      I am also having the same. Can anyone please resolve this issue.
                      • 8. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                        Very confusing :((

also mail to ocpexam_ww@oracle.com but it's reply:
                        "OCP Fulfillment mail box will be decommissioned as on 23rd May, 2011"

----------------
                        Thank you for contacting the Oracle Certification Program.

Read on for important information! OCP Fulfillment mail box will be decommissioned as on 23rd May, 2011, you will not receive any reply from this mail box. For all your Certification questions or issues, please submit a Service Request - Oracle Certification Support web form - http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP and an OCP customer service representative will contact you. Before submitting your form, please visit our OCP FAQ for immediate answers to our most common certification program questions.

HELPFUL INFO
                        • Please visit http://www.pearsonvue.com/oracle to update your profile, including email address or mailing address
                        • You may find the answer to your question on the Oracle Certification Website http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=39.
                        • Contact your local Oracle University representative for any course materials or training questions at http://www.oracle.com/education/contact.html.

------------------
                        • 9. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                          Hi All,
                          Sorry for the delay in responding on this. Unfortunately, this is a bit confusing. In the response that you receive from the system, there is some automated text that we cannot remove, that directs you to login and update your SR. As you have seen, you are not able to do this if you are not an Oracle employee. However, you also receive instruction (I believe in the same email) to email any response you may have to ocpexam_ww@oracle.com. You will receive an auto-response from this eamil alias telling you not to use this email address, but that response is directed toward candidates who are not responding to an SR they've already submitted. Candidates should not use the email alias to submit and issue, they should use the SR tool. But if they are responding to a request for more information from the support team, they may use the ocpexam_ww@oracle.com email alias and reference the SR number.

In explaining this, I see that this can be quite confusing. In our next round of enhancements, perhaps we will be able to update the process a bit to make it less so. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
                          Brandye Barrington
                          • 10. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                            Hi ,

Service Request Number 21985993

i not receive my certification still
                            i want the certification in fast time please
                            • 11. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                              Based on this SR 21985993, the Certification Support team replied to you on August 19 indicating that your kit has not been sent because you have not submitted the course form. You need to submit the details of your required training course through the course form at pearsonvue.com/oracle >Submit Course Form, in order for your certification to be granted. On August 22, they sent a reminder email requesting you to submit the course form and indicating that if they had not received a response by Aug 24, they would close the SR. It seems that they did not receive a response by Aug 24, so on Aug 24, they sent an email indicating that the SR was being closed and if you need further assistance, you should open a new SR.

Please go to the Pearson VUE website and submit your course form. The team will verify your training, which will take up to 5 business days. Once the training has been verified and the form has been approved, you will recevie your kit in the mail within 6-8 weeks. When you submit your course form, you should also confirm that your address is correct in your Pearson VUE profile.

Regards,
                              Brandye Barrington
                              • 12. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                                Hello,

I have the same problem regarding the viewing of SR responses. My latest SR number is 22145637. Could you please help me find what the response is? (I took the OCMJEA 5.0 exam on June 17th and I still have no result).

Thank you!
                                • 13. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                                  On September 7 the team sent you an email response to your SR. If you did not receive the response, please check your junk/spam mail folder to see if the email was routed there.

Regards,
                                  Brandye Barrington
                                  • 14. Re: Is global-service.oraclecorp.com internal to Oracle?
                                    Hello again,

Thank you for your response. Indeed I have received an email from the OCP Team on the 7th of September but the mail points to a link that doesn't exist and it contains no details about my issue. The content of the email is pasted below:

"Dear Customer:
                                    Service Request Number 22145637 (AutoSR : OCP | OCP: 1 | Issue Type : Exam Results/Score Report) has been updated.
                                    To view the progress on-line please use the iSupport homepage at
                                    http://global-service.oraclecorp.com/OA_HTML/iburdt01.jsp?srID=22145637
                                    Please do not reply to this mail - please use iSupport instead.

Thank you for using iSupport,
                                    Best Regards - Oracle"

Is it possible to view in some other way what the updated response is?

Best regards,
                                    Roxana
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next