This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2012 10:29 AM by 681923 RSS

Oracle VM Manager 3 User and groups

887428 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi!

Has anybody know something about howto manage users/groups in OVM3? I didn't find any information in the user's guide and there isn't such as configuration tabs or options in the web interface.

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Oracle VM Manager 3 User and groups
    Avi Miller Guru
    884425 wrote:
    Has anybody know something about howto manage users/groups in OVM3? I didn't find any information in the user's guide and there isn't such as configuration tabs or options in the web interface.
    The ovm_admin tool on your Oracle VM Manager server can add/remove/change admin users for Oracle VM. Full user/group management hasn't been added yet, but will take advantage of WebLogic authentication, so you'll be able to use SSO/LDAP/AD and other tools in future.
  • 2. Re: Oracle VM Manager 3 User and groups
    damien77 Newbie
    From what I've gathered talking to support is this:

OVM 3 is not well suited for single node implementations. You also should not mangle with the remaining space of the primary disk that has OVM Server installed on it. If one tries to do so - as I have, and exports the space as NFS for use with OVM 3 it will loop back on itself and cause errors I've reported in my post.
    The only way to try such (lab) implementation is to use external NFS for server pool creation - or better yet, use external NFS for images and don't even enable clustering in server pool definition (meaning you would not use local physical disks for storage repository at all).
    It's my impression Oracle put great effort into making a clustered solution that would scale very well. It's just not meant for single server implementations - which in reality make no sense anyway.

If you come across such problems, now you know. :-)
  • 3. Re: Oracle VM Manager 3 User and groups
    681923 Newbie
    I think you posted this to wrong thread? This information has nothing to do with users/groups. Looks like question was answered above.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points