3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 3:11 PM by geoff garcia

Knowledge Directory View format

Vivekvp
      Hello,

We are using out of the box Community Links Portlet that point to some KD folders.

However, they display subfolders on top, then any files in the root.

A client was the document files to show first, then the SubFolders. I do not see an option to change this.

We do not use Adaptive Layouts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

V
        • 1. Re: Knowledge Directory View format
          geoff garcia
          As far as I'm aware the only way to make changes of that nature would be to use Adaptive Layouts.
          Perhaps you could consider turning them on just for the KD area?

Vivekvp wrote:
          Hello,

We are using out of the box Community Links Portlet that point to some KD folders.

However, they display subfolders on top, then any files in the root.

A client was the document files to show first, then the SubFolders. I do not see an option to change this.

We do not use Adaptive Layouts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

V
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Knowledge Directory View format
            Vivekvp
            Hello Geoff,

I would like to try that - however I have to Enable Adaptive Page Layout Mode - which turns them on for each all pages, not just the Knowledge Directory.

The drop down beside each layout only has one option - Page layout. I don't think I can just select the KD.

When I do enable it - I get two navigation menus. Currently I see the Horizontal Drop-Down Navigation - which the Experience Definition uses AND a new blue one in different txt below it when Adaptive Layouts our turned on....

But the KD section with the adaptive layouts looks pretty good!

Anyway to just isolate that?

Thanks,

V
            • 3. Re: Knowledge Directory View format
              geoff garcia
              I think the new navigation you are seeing is coming from the Base Page Layout file. I don't remember having seen two sets of nav when I did the switch over, but the layout files are html with a few tags thrown in there so it shouldn't be difficult to get in them and remove the second navigation.
              The layouts give a lot more flexibility in how to arrange your pages, especially the KD, search results, and My Account areas.

Vivekvp wrote:
              Hello Geoff,

I would like to try that - however I have to Enable Adaptive Page Layout Mode - which turns them on for each all pages, not just the Knowledge Directory.

The drop down beside each layout only has one option - Page layout. I don't think I can just select the KD.

When I do enable it - I get two navigation menus. Currently I see the Horizontal Drop-Down Navigation - which the Experience Definition uses AND a new blue one in different txt below it when Adaptive Layouts our turned on....

But the KD section with the adaptive layouts looks pretty good!

Anyway to just isolate that?

Thanks,

V