3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 12:17 PM by PG0011 RSS

OIM -  OIA integration steps not clear

PG0011
      We are integrating OIM 9.1.0.2 BP14a with OIA 11g R1 BP03. Can anybody clarify on the integration steps mentined in the preferred method of integration steps provided in http://wikis.sun.com/display/OIA11gDocs/Integrating+With+Oracle+Identity+Manager,+Preferred+Method#IntegratingWithOracleIdentityManager%2CPreferredMethod-step1 ?

Atleast, the following 2 steps need clarification:

•Copy the following JAR files located in the <IDM-HOME>/server/lib folder to the Oracle Identity Analytics $RBACX_HOME/WEB-INF/lib folder:

What is this *<IDM-HOME>/server/* in nthe above step. I think this should be <OIM_HOME>/xellerate for OIm 9.1.0.2 and <IDM-HOME>/server/lib for OIM 11g.

•Copy the conf folder from <OIMDesignConsole>/conf to the Oracle Identity Analytics $RBACX_HOME/WEB-INF/lib folder.

Again this step looks like specific to OIM 11g, because OIM 9.1.0.2 does not have the dir <OIMDesignConsole>/conf. Is it so? I think the step is erroneous.
        • 1. Re: OIM -  OIA integration steps not clear
          Rajiv Dewan
          You need to copy the JARs from OIM to OIA.

Forget about the path which they have mentioned in the document. If you have those JARs in xeelerate/lib then paste JARs from there

If you have those JARs in <IDM_HOME>/server/lib then paste those jars from there.
          • 2. Re: OIM -  OIA integration steps not clear
            Prakash,

You are right for mentioned step 1,
            •Copy the following JAR files located in the <IDM-HOME>/server/lib folder to the Oracle Identity Analytics $RBACX_HOME/WEB-INF/lib folder:
            Its <OIM_HOME>/xellerate for OIm 9.1.0.2 and <IDM-HOME>/server/lib for OIM 11g.

step 2:

Copy the conf folder from <OIMDesignConsole>/conf to the Oracle Identity Analytics $RBACX_HOME/WEB-INF/lib folder.

You can get this folder, from where you install design console installation for both oim 9.1 (xlclient/config) and oim 11g (designconsole/config).
            Hope helps you !!!

Regards,
            Ravi.G
            • 3. Re: OIM -  OIA integration steps not clear
              PG0011
              In the 2nd step in question. they have mentioned the dir as conf not config. That was my point of concern.

Thanks to both of you for answering to my questions!!

Edited by: Prakash Gupta on Sep 15, 2011 10:17 AM