This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 7:12 AM by 887939 RSS

obaccess.dll causes link error on hot deploys

71794 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm doing web services development with AccessServerSDK, Glassfish v3, on windows XP using Eclipse. It works fine except whenever I change my code and eclipse attempts to hot deploy the application, the following error occurs and the deploy bombs:

"org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:\NetPoint\AccessServerSDK\oblix\lib\obaccess.dll already loaded in another classloader"

It seems that the obaccess.dll reloads without checking whether if it is already loaded. The only way to redeploy the application is to shutdown Glassfish and restart it for every change I make. It's impeding my progress.

So far I've tried the following:
--removing jobaccess.jar from inside my application and putting it into Glassfish_HOME/domain/domain1/lib; it didn't help. 
--put an ObConfig.shutdown before the ObConfig.initialize; it didn't help. 
--catching the exception and ignoring it, but then the application gets a null pointer exception when it runs. 

I can't find anyone else in cyberspace complaining about this problem. I hope it isn't an issue with Windows because we do all our development on our desktops, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyone else having this problem or found a fix for it?
  • 1. Re: obaccess.dll causes link error on hot deploys
    887939 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,
    I already faced with this problem on WLS11gR3 (10.3.4) and I try with all your workaround.
    The solution I found was to install on separate server chain in order to reboot the server instead of use Hot Deploy.

We have also think to migrate the application to J2SE.

It seam that it is not possible to remove Jni 'till jvm is up and running.

Wile summer have you found any solution?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points