This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2011 1:32 AM by Frank Nimphius Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: af:commandButton inside af:table
    inthelineoffire Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    Did you solved this problem?
    No the problem is still there with a number of components like checkbox, buttons, etc.
    I'm using ADF Faces, but not ADF BC. ADF Faces seems to lose a lot of functionality when not using BC.
    Well which ever business service you use, if you don't create a datacontrol out of it, a number of functionality will have to be manually coded.
  • 16. Re: af:commandButton inside af:table
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

I'm using ADF Faces, but not ADF BC. ADF Faces seems to lose a lot of functionality when not using BC.

This is not a true statement. The ADF integration for ADF Business Components provides more integration with ADF Faces than other business services do. This however is subject to change in newer releases when we provide LOV and ViewCriteria functionality for EJB/JPA as well

Frank
  • 17. Re: af:commandButton inside af:table
    Hi,

The only difference in both the page is in my page i am filling the table on click of a button (Search). Also i have set the attribute contentDelivery = "immediate" as unless i specify this the data is not getting displayed.
    If i remove contentDelivery attribute, my table is empty. I guess this attribute is a problem in my case

If content delivery immediate works for you, but no lazy loading, then obviously the table data comes from a managed bean in requestScope, which is the source of all your problems I assume. Beans that provide values to a component should read the data from a bean that is in a larger scope than request because in Web 2.0 there are lots of implicit server requests (Ajax) which all re-new the request scope.

Frank
  • 18. Re: af:commandButton inside af:table
    chmakr Newbie
    I faced exactly the same problem and I spent approximately a whole day experimenting in order to discover why it happens. In my case, the reason for not invoking action listener and action methods was that the value property of the af:table was based on a view object which did not have a key attribute.

I am using JDev 11.1.1.2.

Christos
  • 19. Re: af:commandButton inside af:table
    842163 Newbie
    Hi!

I am facing the same problem. I use JDeveloper 11.1.1.5 and have a af:commandLink inside an af:table.

I notice that action listener is not invoked on IE9 when click on the link, but it works for IE8, Google Chrome, Firefox 3, so i conclusion this would be a crossbrowser compatibility issue.
    Is there any workaround/patch for this bug in the given JDeveloper version?

Alex

Edited by: user10698840 on Sep 15, 2011 5:45 AM
  • 20. Re: af:commandButton inside af:table
    673577 Newbie
    Hi, I know the workaround is to set the table property: contentdelivery = "immediate".
  • 21. Re: af:commandButton inside af:table
    Hi,

work arounds are only good for the moment but soon become a burden. If possible, please file a bug or send me a test case (mail address in profile, rename "zip" to "unzip")

Frank
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points