This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Well, I just found changing the traffic port number (8080) in Profile Repository doesn't work. Though it shows the new port number in the Profile Editor, after restarting the enterprise gateway, it still uses the same old number? Any idea?
here are the steps to change the listening port (in 126.96.36.199)
- Connect to OEG using Policy Studio
- Click on "Edit Active Configuration"
- Under "Services", find the default services, and you'll see a listener for port 8080 there. Right-click to edit this.
- Change the port from 8080 to your desired port. Note that if you've installed the software and running it as a non-root user on Linux, then it will not have permission to bind to a low-number port (like port 80 for instance)
- Now deploy your change (for 188.8.131.52 hit F6 or click on the "deploy" button which is towards the right of the toolbar in Policy Studio).
- You may also choose to version your configuration at this point (click on "version" which is beside the "deploy" button and enter a comment about your version).
Now verify that OEG is listening on your new port. You can see it bind to the new port by looking at the trace [Connect a browser to port 8090 on OEG, login as admin or another user who has rights to view the trace, then click on "Trace"].
It's a usual practice to configure a new listener on SSL (e.g. on port 443) then to delete that pre-configured port 8080 listener, if you want to only receive traffic over SSL.
Thanks for the information. That's very helpful! Following the steps, I make it works.
Then my question is what's the port for the Default Services in the gateway's Profile Repository for? what I am referring here is the port under Oracle Enterprise Gateway - Dashboard > Profile Repository> My Configuration Profile > Oracle Enterprise Gateway > 6.1.2 > Listeners > Default Listerners Store
Then my question is what's the port for the Default Services in the gateway's Profile Repository for? what I am referring here is the port under Oracle Enterprise Gateway - Dashboard >This is for changing a particular "Profile". If you make a change to the port here in a "Listeners" profile, then you will see that there is now an asterix (*) on the name of the profile. you can right-click on it an "version" it. Then back on the deployment tab, you can drop-down the Listeners profile list, choose the new version you've just registered, and press the "Deploy" button (in the bottom-right) to deploy this to a Gateway. This approach is if you want to create a specific Listeners profile which you want to push to a particular Gateway (or group of Gateways).
Profile Repository> My Configuration Profile > Oracle Enterprise Gateway > 6.1.2 > Listeners > Default Listerners Store