This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 4:38 AM by wkobargs RSS

Migration roll back

887190 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
can any one tell me the procedure of roll backing the project which is sent to wrong environment . im waiting for replies

regards,
krishna

Edited by: 884187 on Sep 21, 2011 2:18 AM
  • 1. Re: Migration roll back
    wkobargs Journeyer
    Krishna,

what do you mean with wrong environment? Please let us know more details. I am guessing that you migrated your database (which one? MS SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL...?) to your destination database, and now you found out that you wanted to do your migration into another Oracle database?

Migration "roll back" is easy, you just need to drop the schema into which you migrated your foreign database - if that schema contains only the migrated objects. Otherwise you need to localize in your schema all the objects that were migrated into that schema and drop them. The tables in the migration repository shall help you to find out all migrated objects.

Regards
    Wolfgang
  • 2. Re: Migration roll back
    wkobargs Journeyer
    Krishna,

what do you mean with wrong environment? Please let us know more details. I am guessing that you migrated your database (which one? MS SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL...?) to your destination database, and now you found out that you wanted to do your migration into another Oracle database?

Migration "roll back" is easy, you just need to drop the schema into which you migrated your foreign database - if that schema contains only the migrated objects. Otherwise you need to localize in your schema all the objects that were migrated into that schema and drop them. The tables in the migration repository shall help you to find out all migrated objects.

Regards
    Wolfgang
  • 3. Re: Migration roll back
    wkobargs Journeyer
    Krishna,

Regards
    Wolfgang
  • 4. Re: Migration roll back
    887190 Newbie
    iHi, we are using oracle 10g database.I want to migrate a project into TST environment but migrated to STAGGING server.how to roll back it from stagging server
  • 5. Re: Migration roll back
    wkobargs Journeyer
    Hi,

your reply shows me that you are migrating FROM Oracle to - yes, whatever you mean with TST and STAGGING (other Oracle databases, with the same or another version, or what?).

You are wrong in this forum. This forum deals with migrations from non-Oracle databases TO Oracle.

I suggest that you repeat your question in an other forum, e.g.

Database - General: General Questions

Database - Upgrade: Database - Upgrade

Regards
    Wolfgang

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points