This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 7:29 AM by 890539 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: ODBC driver doesn't appear in ODBC data source
    873773 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Does anyone have any solutions to this? I am having a similar issue. Thanks.
  • 16. Re: ODBC driver doesn't appear in ODBC data source
    656049 Newbie
    I had the same problem. You must run the 32-bit ODBC Admin tool and the 32-bit drivers will show up. Since I was running Windows 7 64-bit, the default ODBC Admin tool only shows the 64-bit drivers. Here's the location of the 32-bit ODBC Admin tool: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Double-click to run it and then select the "Drivers" tab. You will see the list of drivers.
  • 17. Re: ODBC driver doesn't appear in ODBC data source
    883899 Newbie
    Hi, I am facing similar issue:

Downloaded Oracle ODBC driver
    Oracle 10g Release 2 ODAC
         Download the File
              ODAC1020221.exe 206 MB (216,841,603 bytes)

As well as tried with -
    Oracle 10g ODAC
         Download the File
              ODAC101040.exe (174MB)

However in both cases the driver does not show up in the Datasource drivers list.

I am trying to install it on Win 2008 Server R2 (6.1) (I think 64bit) however connecting via a 32-bit application to Oracle10g

ANy help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kunal
  • 18. Re: ODBC driver doesn't appear in ODBC data source
    890373 Newbie
    Just started testing Instant Client 11g, I had to run odbc_install.exe from the Oracle directory before it would show up in ODBC data source.
  • 19. Re: ODBC driver doesn't appear in ODBC data source
    890539 Newbie
    Just wanted to share my finds and what I had to do.

Basically my issues was not seeing the ODBC Driver on Win 2008 R2 (which is a 64Bit O/S) for Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g while I made sure the Windows ODBC Driver was installed from the Custom Install to make sure they were installed.

On that note:

Confirm the following:

1. Are the entries in the registry?
    - Check in *"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers\"*
    to see if the 'Oracle in ....' is in there, if it is you have installed the ODBC driver so you are good however if you don't see them in there make sure you install the ODBC Driver from the Oracle Installation you ran originally.

2. Make sure you are using the 32-bit ODBC Admin tool as mentioned in the replies here.
    - Found in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
    Once you launch this and check the Drivers tab, you will probably notice it's EMPTY and that is our problem!

Now the trick here is this:

You HAVE to launch that tool as Administrator in order for the registry information to be written out and displayed in the ODBC Tool. So, run the odbcad32.exe by Right Clicking and picking Run as Administrator_, once this is done you will be set!

This is a one time step to run as administrator, it will register the whole registry list and you should see a whole list of Drivers now under the Driver Tab including the Oracle ODBC drivers.

Hope this helps, it helped me...
    Later
    Mark
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points