0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 4:34 PM by 845383 RSS

Workforce Planning - Status Account Member Formula

We are using the Workforce Planning Module (11.1.2.1.) and have found very few areas that have needed significant customization. There appears to be one item which does not work using the out-of-the-box functionality: the 'Status' member formula.

The formula works fine for Existing Employees, but we are experiencing trouble with departing TBH's. For example purposes, let's say we add a TBH in Jan, and decide we would like the person to be active for 6 months (it's a temporary position), we are able to launch the Plan Departure business rule, and the Action member is set correctly in the Plan Departure business rule, but the 'Status' account is never updated appropriately.

Out of the box, the 'Status' formula is as follows:
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [OpenInputValueBlock]
      IF (@ISDESC("New Employees"))
      IF ("BegBalance"->"Start Month" != #MISSING)
      IF ([FiscalOffset] == 0)
      IF ("Cal TP-Index">= "BegBalance"->"Start Month")
      "Status" = [Status.Active];
      ENDIF
      ELSEIF (("BegBalance"->"Start Month" - [FiscalOffset]) > 0)
      IF ("Fiscal TP-Index">= ("BegBalance"->"Start Month" - [FiscalOffset]))
      ENDIF
      ELSEIF ("Fiscal TP-Index">= ("BegBalance"->"Start Month" + [NumberOfPeriodsInYear] - [FiscalOffset]))
      ENDIF
      ENDIF

ELSE
      IF ("Action" == [Status.TransferIn])"Status" = [Status.Active];
      ELSE"Status" = "Action";
      ENDIF
      IF("Status" == #MISSING)"Status" = @PRIORS(SKIPMISSING, "Status");
      ENDIF
      ENDIF
      [CloseInputValueBlock]
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can see in the ELSE [existing employee] portion (last ELSE statement), that the 'Status' is being set to the Action member for existing employees. I am curious if anyone knows if there is a reason this functionality was not put in place for New Employees (top section of code)? Is there a reason a New Employee should not have the status set in the same way?

I can absolutely go down the road of altering the code, I am sure I can find a solution that will work; but it feels like I am missing a step here. I have not run into any instances where the code simply does not work, so I am hoping I am missing a step here. The documentation has not provided any insight into how this should be handled, so I am hoping there is a Workforce Planning guru out there that can help.

Thank you!