1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2011 5:23 AM by 891058 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
        You can find Accouting Calendars and Curencies under Financials Setup selection set. You can select entities of your interest in Financial Setup and extract and load them.
        • 16. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
          Hi,

This error would come when you do not have grant on API that you are trying to register in Interface Repository. Please refer the detailed steps posted in the previous mail thread.
          • 17. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
            Hi Mugunthan,

When you say giving grant to the API, do you mean the creation of function and menu and then creating grant? I have again followed the steps slowly one by one but still I encounter the error. I will go you through the steps I did:

(1.) Function Creation
            a. Navigated to Functional Administrator > Core services > Functions > Create Function (button)
            b. Entered the following:
            Name: XX_FUNCTION
            Code: FNDLOAD: PATCH/115/IMPORT/AFSCURSP.LCT (the lowercase is automatically converted to uppercase)
            Type: Interface Method
            c. Clicked on Continue button. Then populated the HTML Call with "X" (since this field is required).
            d. Clicked on Submit button.
            e. Got a confirmation message "FNDLOAD: PATCH/115/IMPORT/AFSCURSP.LCT has been created successfully."

(2.) Menu Creation
            a. Navigated to Functional Administrator > Core services > Menus > Create Navigation Menu (button)
            Name: XX_MENU
            Code: XX_MENU
            Type: Interface
            c. Clicked on "Add Another Row"
            d. Entered the following:
            Prompt: XX Function
            Function: XX_FUNCTION
            Grant: Unchecked
            e. Clicked "Apply" button. Got the confirmation message "XX_MENU has been created successfully."

(3.) Creating Grant
            a. Navigated to Home > User Management > Roles & Role Inheritance
            b. Put "iSetup Super User" in the Name field and pressed Go
            c. Clicked on the Update pencil icon
            d. Clicked the "Create Grant" button
            e. Entered the following:
            Name: XX_GRANT
            Description: XX Grant
            Responsibility: iSetup
            f. Clicked Next button and entered XX_MENU in the Set field.
            g. Clicked Next
            h. Clicked Finish. Got the confirmation message "Grant '' has been created successfully".
            I always get a null Grant name during creation. But once I click update without changing anything and Apply, it will prompt with the XX_GRANT grant name.

(4.) Clear Cache
            a. Navigated to Functional Administrator > Core services > Caching Framework > Global Configuration > Clear All Cache (button).
            b. Clicked Yes on the Warning (to proceed). Got a confirmation "All the caches across all mid-tiers have been successfully cleared."

(5.) Create Interface Repository
            a. Naviagated to Home > iSetup > Administration > Interface Repository > Create (button)
            Name: XX_API
            Application: Application Object Library
            Type: Generic Loader
            Path: patch/115/import/afscursp.lct
            c. Received the error "You do not have the Grant to register this Interface. Please contact your System Administrator."
            d. Changed the path to PATCH/115/IMPORT/AFSCURSP.LCT and still the same error occurs.
            e. Tried to put "FNDLOAD: patch/115/import/afscursp.lct" and "FNDLOAD: PATCH/115/IMPORT/AFSCURSP.LCT" but still the same error.

Can you please tell me which step I missed? I'm already stuck.

Thanks,
            Greg
            • 18. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
              Hi Mugunthan,

I could find Accouting Calendars and Curencies under Financials Setup selection set, however I'm more interested on the Individual selection set since it will allow to do Transform as per R12 iSetup documentation.

As of the moment I'm looking for a way to test the Transform but couldn't find anything that I can test with. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks,
              Greg

Edited by: user6147889 on Sep 18, 2008 1:34 AM
              • 19. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
                Hi Greg,

You can still use the Financial Selection Set, De-select all other setups except for Accounting Calendar/ Currencies and extract. You should be able to now Transform the Accounting Calendar setups as you were able to do it in 11i.

fyi
                We have just consolidated the setups into fewer selection sets, however using iSetup's Partial Selection Feature you would be able select and migrate the specific setups. If by default you do not see the 'Check-boxes' against Setup objects within a Selection Set. please set the System Profile "AZ: Partial Selection Set Feature" to "Yes" to enable this.

--Roopesh R

Edited by: Roopesh on Sep 19, 2008 2:06 PM
                • 20. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
                  Hi Greg

The instruction provide by Oralce is wrong, we don't have to uncheck the GRANT during menu creation.
                  The function must be granted.

After correction:

(2.) Menu Creation
                  a. Navigated to Functional Administrator > Core services > Menus > Create Navigation Menu (button)
                  Name: XX_MENU
                  Code: XX_MENU
                  Type: Interface
                  c. Clicked on "Add Another Row"
                  d. Entered the following:
                  Prompt: XX Function
                  Function: XX_FUNCTION
                  Grant: Checked_
                  e. Clicked "Apply" button. Got the confirmation message "XX_MENU has been created successfully."
                  • 21. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
                    Hi Greg,
                    This is Mukesh from iSetup.
                    This error can happen because of these reason.
                    1) While creating Function whatever code you have given is not same as when you are registering Interface in iSetup Interface Repository.
                    2) You have not assigned the created "Menu" to Isetup Super User role.
                    or 3) Cache is not cleared properly.

Mostly this error comes because of step 3. Check it and try again.

Thanks,
                    Mukesh
                    • 22. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
                      user7689601
                      Hi,

Question, can iSetup be used to migrate forms personalizations?, if so, can someone please provide instructions?

Thanks,
                      Adrian
                      • 23. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
                        Hi,

Can you please bounce the apache server and try again? Sometimes due to caching issues, I have observed that even after creating the Menus and Functions, it does not reflect immediately.
                        • 24. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
                          Hello Adrian,

I have just created a document to give advise what to do to get also Forms Personalizations transported.

Please see this document with an overview:
                          http://www.scribd.com/doc/44155779/EBS-R12-iSetup-How-to-Transport-Forms-Personalizations

Contact me please directly to get further details,

Thanks
                          Volker
                          • 25. Re: How to setup an user to be Oracle iSetup Super user ?
                            When I tried to create an Interface Repository, the following error message displays: "You do not have the Grant to register this Interface. Please contact your System Administrator."
                            Any solutions please....
                            1 2 Previous Next