This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 11:13 AM by gdarling - oracle RSS

EF - Oracle Privileges to select tables from different schemas

Mr.me Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi , my schema only has "connect" and "resources" privileges , so when creating a .edmx file I only see the tables associated with this particular schema , when I connect with SYSTEM schema, I see tables from many many schemas , I then added "select any table" to my old schema but still the same set of tables ,what I want to achieve is to select/update/delete from other some specific schemas tables , what privileges should I add to be able to do that ??

thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: EF - Oracle Privileges to select tables from different schemas
    Tridus Journeyer
    By default the connection only shows you certain schemas. You can get EF To show you more of them in this way:

In Server Explorer right click on the connection and go to "modify connection". Then click on the "Filters" tab.

One of the filters is for Displayed Schema. You can have multiple values in that, so you need to add the schemas you want to see to it and save the connection.
  • 2. Re: EF - Oracle Privileges to select tables from different schemas
    918107 Newbie
    This is simply not working for me. I installed the latest 11g ODP.net and developer tools for Visual Studio 2010. When I try to add an ADO Entity Framework model to my project (regardless of whether I create a new connection on the spot or use an existing one) the Wizard just does not see the tables from the schema I specify in the connection. I can only see the objects created by my user ID. Test Connection works fine. However, in the server explorer for my connection I can see all the tables from my target schema. This is extremely frustrating.

I read somewhere else that your ID needs to be specifically granted Select on the tables. Can't be "Select any table". Also, all our grants are done for groups; not individual IDs.

Russ
  • 3. Re: EF - Oracle Privileges to select tables from different schemas
    gdarling - oracle Expert
    Hi,

Try expanding server explorer and the Tables node before invoking the EF wizard There's a known bug with that, and opening server explorer first works around it.

Greg

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points