This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2011 12:05 PM by 722901 RSS

Sort Order Column not Working

722901 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have set a sort order column on one of A VARCHAR field, but the functionality is not working. The sorting is enabled in the table view and when I sort by the said column it still sorts based on the VARCHAR values of the column instead of the other INT column I want to sort by. The logical SQL and physical query never even includes the column to sort. Are there any exceptions for the 'Sort Order Column' setting? Is there a config setting or data connections setting that I need to check to make this work?

Thank You!

Edited by: VNC on Oct 3, 2011 9:08 AM
  • 1. Re: Sort Order Column not Working
    user248025 Guru
    Hi,

refer below article.

http://gerardnico.com/wiki/dat/obiee/dashboard_column_sorting

Thanks

Deva
  • 2. Re: Sort Order Column not Working
    722901 Newbie
    I have already enabled sorting in the table properties. The issue is the 'Sort Order Column' Set in the RPD for a column is not working.
  • 3. Re: Sort Order Column not Working
    user248025 Guru
    hi,
    can you give me more detailes like some sample column data like below kind

Like Ex: varchar month column it sould display based on month id
    month : Fev-2011,Dec-2011,jan-2011 and month id 1 to 12

set your month id as sort order column of month name.

double click month name ->In general tab set the sort order column as month id

FYI...see the sample link

http://www.biconsultinggroup.com/obiee-tips-and-tricks/setting-a-sort-order-column.html

i hope helped you

THanks

Deva

Edited by: Devarasu on Oct 4, 2011 12:39 AM
  • 4. Re: Sort Order Column not Working
    722901 Newbie
    Thanks for the response. I have a Usage column in Secs that I'm converting into USAGE(HH:MM:SS) format using a formula and displaying as text. so when the user clicks on the HH:MM:SS column I want to use the Seconds value for sorting. I have set the sort order column on the calculated USAGE(HH:MM:SS) column to Usage field that is in secs. But when I sort the column it still sorts the values treating then as text. eg: 125:34:00 is after 2:30:00
  • 5. Re: Sort Order Column not Working
    user248025 Guru
    Hi,
    Please send me your screen short.it will be fine help to fix the solution

just for your info:seconds to hh:mm:ss format

Re: OBIEE 11g - Change seconds to DD HH:MM:SS format

Thanks

Deva

Edited by: Devarasu on Oct 4, 2011 1:22 AM
  • 6. Re: Sort Order Column not Working
    722901 Newbie
    I have to use following formula as there is aggregation needed:

CAST ( CAST ( TRUNCATE("Usage and Revenue"."Usage Facts"."Usage - Charge" / 3600, 0) AS INTEGER ) AS VARCHAR ( 12 )) || ':' || RIGHT('00' || CAST ( CAST ( TRUNCATE( MOD("Usage and Revenue"."Usage Facts"."Usage - Charge", 3600) / 60, 0) AS INTEGER ) AS VARCHAR ( 2 )), 2) || ':' || RIGHT('00' || CAST ( CAST ( MOD( MOD("Usage and Revenue"."Usage Facts"."Usage - Charge", 3600), 60) AS INTEGER ) AS VARCHAR ( 2 )), 2)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points