This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2011 3:30 AM by 891954 RSS

play mp3 files with greater than 198 kbps birate

891954 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, in my project I use JMF to play mp3 files but I find trouble playing files with higher bitrate of 198 kbps ... for example I do not know if it's relevant but I can not play mp3 files that have album image ... which may be a solution?

Edited by: 888951 on 2-ott-2011 17.17
  • 1. Re: play mp3 files with greater than 198 kbps birate
    793415 Pro
    Zipangulu wrote:
    Hi, in my project I use JMF to play mp3 files but I find trouble playing files with higher bitrate of 198 kbps ...
    I've heard of 192 kbps (as well as 128, 160 & 320), but never 198. Further I have 320kbps MP3s that the <tt>mp3plugin.jar</tt> of the JMF can handle just fine.
    .. for example I do not know if it's relevant but I can not play mp3 files that have album image..
    AFAIU album art was never part of the MP3 format. It is even more of a hack than ID3 v. 2 tags. I notice that WinAmp and some other apps. have started to support it, but that is hard luck for JMF users, since the JMF has not been updated since around 2003(?).
    ... which may be a solution?
    Use a more modern MP3 parsing API (no I don't know of one off the top of my head - GIYF).
  • 2. Re: play mp3 files with greater than 198 kbps birate
    891954 Newbie
    Yes I have noticed that is not the bitrate the problem but the fact of ID3 ... if I try to play a file with these characteristics does not play well ... for example,try to execute this code and you'll see that it doesn't work:

Player p=Manager.createRealizedPlayer(new URL("http://zipangulu.altervista.org/17_-_Airplanes_Part_2__Feat._B.o.B___Hayley_Williams_.mp3"));
    p.start();

It doesn't throw exception but doesn't work...
    how can I resolve?
  • 3. Re: play mp3 files with greater than 198 kbps birate
    793415 Pro
    Zipangulu wrote:
    ..try to execute this code..
    How big (in bytes) is that MP3 file? At the moment I have limited bandwidth and am unwilling to expend large amounts of it to help someone solve a programming problem.
  • 4. Re: play mp3 files with greater than 198 kbps birate
    891954 Newbie
    The file is 7,16 Mbyte and its bitrate is 186 kbps...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points