1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 5, 2011 1:32 AM by dcooksey RSS

RMAN to Disk (shared mounted file system) then secure backup to Tape

user10090654
      Hi

This is a little away from the norm and I am new to Oracle secure Backup.

We have several databases on physically separate servers, all backup to a central disk (a ZFS shared file-system).

We have a media server also with the same mounted file-system so it can see all of the RMAN backups there.
      Secure backup is installed on the media server and is configured as such.

The question I have is I need to backup the file system to tape where all the RMAN backups live, I have configured the data set but I get file permission errors for each of the RMAN backup files in the directory.
      I have tried to change these permissions but to no avail (assuming it is just a read write access change that is needed - but this may be a problem in the long run). What is the general process for backup of already created RMAN backups sat in a shared area? I know its not the norm to do to disk then to tape backups but can this be done? I would have installed Secure backup client on each server and managed the whole backup through secure backup but this is not possible I must do the to tape from the file system, any advise and guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
      Vicky

Edited by: user10090654 on Oct 4, 2011 4:50 AM