4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2012 12:56 PM by gauravs RSS

Seed Demo Community Failes

Hi Im new To the BPM and SOA suite. I currently have it running however now Im required to configure my server for a tutorial. Im trying to seed a demo community and Understand very little what has to be done. here what ive managed to do:

go to :

Cd c:\Oracle\DemoCommunitySeedApp

c:\Oracle\DemoCommunitySeedApp> setAntEnv.bat

Failed: "C:\Oracle\Middleware\jdev_bpm11g\jdk160_18"\lib\tools.jar does not exist
      PLease set your JAVA_HOME to a JDK home.

I then set JAVA_HOME from environment variables to

I run the code and the same Failed line of command appears how do I go about it??? how can I make it run??

I actually have no idea where to begin with were do I go into to configure the server? the console? or same place where I configured the domain?

thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: Seed Demo Community Failes
          Ravi Jegga
          1. Inside this folder c:\Oracle\DemoCommunitySeedApp, or search here for a file named "SOATestDemoApp.ear".

2. Start your SOA Domain. If you have Admin and Soa ManagedServer. Start both the servers. Incase if you have only one AdminServer with soa also deployed, just start admin server.

3. Login into Weblogic Admin Console using something like http://youradminhost:adminport/console. Login with domain username/password. On left side, click on Deployments and on right side, click on Install and follow the screens to install the above "SOATestDemoApp.ear" app to the SOA Managed Server. This is important, as it has to be deployed on SOA Server only. If you have only one admin with soa modules, then deploy to that admin server only. Make sure you hit Activate button or look for this file in deployments list on right side with status as Active.

4. Open a new browser, type this below url. Again host, port should be the one that has soa modules deployed.

Select the xml file and hit the button, and you should be all set. Go back to console, and under Security -> myrealm -> Users and Groups, you should see all the Demo users and groups.

NOTE: There is no need to run ant script or recompile it, if you already have the EAR file. Read the readme.txt file that came with the zip file.

Ravi Jegga
          • 2. Re: Seed Demo Community Failes
            The SOATestDemoapp in the deployments from the console appears active.

However when I type in a new browser:

It does not work I get this:

Error 404--Not Found
            From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
            10.4.5 404 Not Found
            The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.
            • 3. Re: Seed Demo Community Failes
              sorry soa server is on 8001 not 7001, done!!! thanks for the help Raji!
              • 4. Re: Seed Demo Community Failes
                Thanks Ravi. This was very helpful.