This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 6, 2011 8:05 PM by 817264 RSS

Java Plug-In 1.7.0 (registry question)

886453 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear

For an application I've created a script to check the already installed jre version of a computer.
a few years ago I've found a good registry key {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} where I can check on.

But now is my problem that the newer version of jre 7 doesn't log anymore the string with 1.7.0_xxxx but 10.0.0.

My question as following:

I need (if exist on that particular jre) the update version number (e.g. on jre 1.6 you have _26, _27).
Now I need this also if in the future an 1.7. let's say .1 update _1 or _2, ... is installed.

Maybe there is another way to get the update version number?

First I also thought to get first the 'CurrentVersion' of keyname 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'
and after that take the value of the JavaXfamlilyVersion property, whereas the X is the last character of the CurrentVersion property, e.g.: Java7FamilyVersion (number 7 comes from 1.7 of CurrentVersion property)

-> But I don't think this should be a good way, because I could be that the Java7FamilyVersion perhaps isn't existing on an other windows OS or something like that?

Maybe somebody knows a better way where we are sure the get the 'Update' version number of the installed jre?

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Edited by: 883450 on Sep 6, 2011 1:44 AM