This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
I will answer some of those queries
1. If you meant client installation for bdb/sqlite, then yes. The installation for the client will be available for bdb/sqlite similar to olite.
2. Yes, dmagent, msync and update will remain the same. The syntax remains the same except for the URL. It will now be http://server:port/mobile instead of http://server:port/webtogo
3. Orace will be similar. I do not know about the default db storage location. I think it may default to Orace.
5. The Webtogo client installation will not be available in the new release. The server side i.e. oracle mobile server management (mobile manager) remains.
6. Yes, there is an upcoming release after 10.3. It will be 11.x. I do not know the exact version info.
I installed 10.3.0.3 on a windows xp with sp3 . It works as usual but when creating olite it worked as usual but i got a error when try to install sqlite client on a win mob 6.5 . it just said to restart the application thats all.
WHen creating the publication still on this release i do not see bdb. its only lite and sqlite.
Still with 10.3.0.3 webtogo works.
I hope that 11. will have all these and we have to wait till that. It is unfortunate that mobile sever does not have a version for small scale people who has say less than 10 client devices. Is there any mechanism of licencing for people with 10 devices . because the current price of $23000 per processor will have an effect when there are fever people. (Sorry This is an out of the subject).
1)concerning win 6.5 , did you install the latest patches? there are some bug fixes for sqllite.
2)cocnerning bdb, one latest patch(basically not the latest but the one before) is supposed to give bdb on olite.check oracle support site. when you install it you can see the bdb client along with the olite and sqlite. but to be honest i didnt managed to make it work. please check berkeley db on olite
3)concerning licenseing please contact oracle sales. we got a really good deal for olite+oracle 11g with client licenses for win ce. i guess this dependes on local sales.