5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 4:43 PM by 882069 RSS

Complicated policy

Hi, with customer's requirement we're designing a OEG policy with following filters(activities), can I have you advise especially to the steps which marked with (*) :

1) Client send SOAP message over SSL to OEG
      2) OEG Decrypt SOAP message
      3) OEG send log message by calling logger web service(*)
      4) OEG route to business service on OSB
      5) After OSB return OEG send log message by calling logger web service(*)
      6) OEG return to client

For 3) and 5) how could I call logger web service in this flow ? actually logger web service require different SOAP request message which I need to create it on the fly.......

Thanks.
      Cliff
        • 1. Re: Complicated policy
          For requirement to "send log message by calling logger web service(*)" what you should do is to create a "Logging policy" which does the following:

- Store the current message content using the "Conversion" > "Store message"
          - Create your Web service call
          - Route to the logging web service using the "Routing" > "Connect to URL" filter
          - At this point the current message is the response from the web service so you need to restore the original message by called the filter "Conversion" > "Restore Message"

You then delegate to the "Logging Policy" after you decrypt and after you route to OSB
          • 2. Re: Complicated policy
            Thanks.

For requirement to "send log message by calling logger web service(*)" what you should do is to create a "Logging policy" which does the following:

- Store the current message content using the "Conversion" > "Store message"

#######################################################################
            - Create your Web service call #################################### how could I create web service call (may I know which filter ? How to config my SOAP request message for this call? Should I use "Set Message" filter" ?) ###############################
            #######################################################################

- Route to the logging web service using the "Routing" > "Connect to URL" filter
            - At this point the current message is the response from the web service so you need to restore the original message by called the filter "Conversion" > "Restore Message"

You then delegate to the "Logging Policy" after you decrypt and after you route to OSB
            • 3. Re: Complicated policy
              Yes, use the set message
              • 4. Re: Complicated policy
                For the web service call ? should I use Connect to URL filter then ? Is it the only way?

Thanks.
                Cliff
                • 5. Re: Complicated policy
                  yes, connect to URL filter