This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
This could be a problem with the structure of your data itself, and if so then teher is very little you can do except to first optimize the database itself.
How long does it take for a simple export of Level 0 data and for ALL data?
it takes around 2 hrs to export stored member data as data is huge.
All you issues are related to exporting dynamic members. When this option is enabled, Essbase needs to calculate dynamic block in memory before exporting. Based on your database configuration and number of dynamic calc members (mostly should be in dense dimensions), essays needs to decompress dynamic block in memory. Unfortunately, there are very few optimizations that you could do to dynamic calc members or dynamic calc memory, which in turn has an upper limit.
Is there a way to export data without exporting dynamic calc members? That would be the only sure shot way to making this run faster. Just to give you an example: I did the same in once instance where export took more than 3 days and by reducing/removing dynamic calcs brought it down to less than 30 minutes.
R u using ASo /BSO?
if ASo use number of stored members lowest to highest or vise versa i dont remember
which u can get from member properties in wr.t database
BSo use all sparse at begging and dence at last make sure u keep time at last
rest .cfg file dont need to do anything..it will help
This is a BSO cube
I tried having Period as last in fix but no luck. below is extract of script
SET LOCKBLOCK HIGH;
SET CACHE HIGH;
/* DataExportDecimal 4; */
/*,"Number of Other Colleague Changes"
FIX("Rest of Year Forecast")
FIX("Number of Other Net New Hire Colleagues")
DATAEXPORT "File" "," "/opt/rept06/hyperion/products/Essbase/EssbaseServer/app/../../../../../../../var/opt/rept06/hyperion/data/backup/MARSHPLN/DATAEXPORT/Marshpln_B.Marsh_Rep01_D.txt" "#MI";
and corresponding ENDFIX
what i have noticed sometimes is that when you export the file in column format the time will be consumed more as compared to the default one.
since you are only facing the problem with dynamic calc members you can try to work around the dynamic calculator cache
go through the link and all the related commands along with dynamic calc cache and see if there is any improvement