Currently Being Moderated
1) I installed UPK Developer 11Single User
2) I use UPK Developer
3) Not applicable
4) Browser is IE 7 (Version 7.0.5730.13CO), Update Version
5) Version of UPK is Developer 11.0.0

When Publishing a recorded image, it pop up a browser and showing
The Publishing Activity Log
This version of Microsoft Office is not supported. If you have problems publishing, update your Office version to (Office 2003 SP3 or Office 2007 SP2).
However I am already using Office 2003 SP3. Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack is also installed.

Edited by: user756954 on Oct 9, 2011 5:52 PM
  • 1. Re: UPK 11 saying need to install Windows 2003 PRO when it is already installed
    jdelfire Newbie
    Were you able to verify if the the MS office compatibility pack is working?
    excel, word or power point converter might be corrupted, incomplete or something.

Microsoft common resolution is to re-install the compatiblity pack.

My suggestion is to uninstall the MS office compatibility pack with a little help from a 3rd party software e.g. ccleaner or revouninstaller. If that will not work uninstall the entire MS office 2003 SP - then reinstall Compatibility pack.

Hope this helps,

Note:

Oracle Terms of Use

"12. Third Party Web Sites, Content, Products and Services
    The Site provides links to Web sites and access to Content, products and services of third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the Site. Oracle is not responsible for third party Content provided on or through the Site and you bear all risks associated with the access and use of such Web sites and third party Content, products and services."

Del

Edited by: 890927 on Oct 11, 2011 8:34 PM
  • 2. Re: UPK 11 saying need to install Windows 2003 PRO when it is already installed
    833870 Newbie
    I have just install the compatability pack 5 days ago. It is the most updated version
    Would you explain how to verify the MS office compatibility pack is working?

You suggestion to uninstall the MS office compatibility pack with a little help from a 3rd party software e.g. cleaner or revouninstaller. If that will not work until you uninstall the entire MS office 2003 SP - then reinstall Compatibility pack.

Do you means Ms office 2003 SP and Compatibility pack cannot exist together?
  • 3. Re: UPK 11 saying need to install Windows 2003 PRO when it is already installed
    jdelfire Newbie
    To test if office compatibility is functioning right try opening an office 2007 file format

Word 2007 File Type Extension

* docx - Word 2007 XML Document
    * docm - Word 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Document
    Excel 2007 File Type Extension

* xlsx - Excel 2007 XML Workbook
    * xlsm - Excel 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Workbook

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_2007_filename_extensions

" If that will not work you uninstall the entire MS office 2003 SP - then reinstall Compatibility pack." <--- I missed one thing here

Just to be clear
    1. Uninstall your MS office 2003 via add/remove or 3rd party software (I prefer 3rd party though)
    2. Install Ms office 2003
    3. Install compatibility Pack
    4. then try Installing your UPK

Do you means Ms office 2003 SP and Compatibility pack cannot exist together? <-- they can and they should work together
  • 4. Re: UPK 11 saying need to install Windows 2003 PRO when it is already installed
    833870 Newbie
    All files you mentioned can be open * docx - Word 2007 XML Document
    * docm - Word 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Document
    * xlsx - Excel 2007 XML Workbook
    * xlsm - Excel 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Workbook
    in my PC now.

Please advise.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points