7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 7:15 AM by 1035210 RSS

Authentication Code for Course Submission Form

Al_vrn
      Hi All!

I passed 1z0-053 exam and completed Oracle courses. Then I tried to fill Course Submission Form to get OCP:
      www.pearsonvue.com/oracle -> sign in -> New Submission -> Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional -> Instructor Led Training
      but it asked for Authentication Code. What is Authentication Code and how to get it?

I received my eKit, but it doesn't have any Authentication Code, only Event Id, Order Number, Activation Key and so on.

Best regards,
      Al.
        • 1. Re: Authentication Code for Course Submission Form
          rajeysh
          Al_vrn wrote:
          Hi All!

I passed 1z0-053 exam and completed Oracle courses. Then I tried to fill Course Submission Form to get OCP:
          www.pearsonvue.com/oracle -> sign in -> New Submission -> Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional -> Instructor Led Training
          but it asked for Authentication Code. What is Authentication Code and how to get it?

I received my eKit, but it doesn't have any Authentication Code, only Event Id, Order Number, Activation Key and so on.

Best regards,
          Al.
          you should get those information(activation key) from the oracle authorized institute,where you have done your oracle course.

please check with the institute and complete the test.

Regards,
          Rajesh
          • 2. Re: Authentication Code for Course Submission Form
            Al_vrn
            Rajesh, thank you for your answer!

My problem is solved. I want to add some more info - maybe it will be helpful for somebody.
            I completed O11gPT courses and I couldn't select certification track "Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional" - it said "code is not valid".
            I was successful only when selected "Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Master".

Best regards,
            Al.
            • 3. Re: Authentication Code for Course Submission Form
              bigdelboy
              I was successful only when selected "Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Master".

Strange are the rules of the Certification database.
              Mistake you may have made and certified become you might not.
              +... Or perhaps you may.+
              Strange are the ways of Oracle and Larry.
              Take care see the certview to see if act you must....
              Patience and perserverance steadfast will surely reward.
              • 4. Re: Authentication Code for Course Submission Form
                Al_vrn
                Before course form submit I was able to change my certification track from OCM to OCP :-)
                Today I recieved email that my course submission form had been approved.
                Waiting for changes in certification status...

Edited by: Al_vrn on 10.10.2011 0:37

Happy end
                • 5. Re: Authentication Code for Course Submission Form
                  Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                  Odd. It sounds like the tool is malfunctioning. We'll have the team take a look to see if there is a bug.

Regards,
                  Brandye Barrington
                  Certification Forum Moderator
                  • 6. Re: Authentication Code for Course Submission Form
                    Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                    We have been unable to reproduce this issue. If anyone else runs into this issue, please let us know.

Thanks,
                    Brandye Barrington
                    Certification Forum Moderator
                    • 7. Re: Authentication Code for Course Submission Form

Thanks for the post.
                      I had the same issue today. The code could finally be obtained, but not from OU (where I took the course), but from PearsonVue (where I took the exam). The submission form is filled from the PearsonVue account, too, so that makes sense to me.

The staff in the regional OU had no clue about the authentication code.

Best regards,

Sebastian